Author Topic: Interesting Stuff  (Read 1213 times)

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
Interesting Stuff
« on: March 17, 2023, 10:51:27 AM »
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Interesting Stuff
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2023, 05:21:08 PM »
Something seems very "off" about the info.

https://brilliantlightpower.com

I visited their site and there are all kinds of strange language constructs and wild statements and what appears to be pseudo-science jargon.  Here is just one:

"massive power from the conversion of hydrogen atoms of water molecules to dark matter"

We don't even know what dark matter is, so how can they claim they are converting something to it?

I loathe to cite Wikipedia, but it can be useful at times to summarize scientific stuff (but never if it involves anything political or social):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brilliant_Light_Power

"In 1999, the Nobel prize winning physicist Philip Warren Anderson said he is "sure that it's a fraud",[12] and in the same year another Nobel prize winning physicist, Steven Chu, called it "extremely unlikely".[23] The following year, a 2000 patent based on its hydrino-related technology[24][25] was later withdrawn by the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) due to contradictions with known physics laws and other concerns about the viability of the described processes, citing Park and others.[26]"

And much more.  To me (and apparently tons of others), it looks like a scam, kinda like "cold fusion."  Would love for it not to be, of course.

http://www.goodmath.org/blog/2011/12/29/hydrinos-impressive-free-energy-crackpottery/

Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2023, 03:20:08 AM »
So, to sum up, it's a process that cannot be replicated by anyone else because it requires a "special" something that only he knows about. Yeah,.... right. :rotflmao:
It's bound to be added to the list of such things that some will claim have been "suppressed" by the Oil Industry or by the Government or by some other sinister organization (Illuminati? Knights who say Ni?).
Scientific peer review exists for a reason and the reason is to separate the wheat from the chaff. This is 100% chaff.
Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's true.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2023, 01:15:49 PM »
Ni!
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Strawboss

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2023, 01:35:08 PM »
I just came in from cutting down the tallest tree in the forest with a Herring when I read this. ;D
COG 5852-AMA Life 302525-NRA 9098599-SASS
2001 Concours-1982 KZ550A-1979 Triumph Bonneville-1995 Honda SA50