Author Topic: Difference between model years  (Read 12545 times)

Son of Pappy

Re: Difference between model years
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2012, 04:09:52 PM »

First Blood was the best of the Rambo movie series, and the first Die Hard was the best of that series too, sometimes sequals just aren't as good...  ;)
And best seen on the SILVER screen ;D

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2012, 05:31:15 PM »
And best seen on the SILVER screen ;D

Everything is better in silver :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2012, 06:25:22 PM »
That's why they call it Quick Silver.

Offline MajorTom

• Love to ride
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2012, 11:28:11 PM »
Got my new 2012 black beauty! Yeah!

Went for my first ride on this beautifull sunday March 18. Record temperature, unusually hot, our usual high around here for a March 18, is 39, yesterday the temperature reached 73!
Apart from the unusual warm weather, the other important difference was the eco mode (not on the 2008). Fuel consumption is significantly lower on my 2012 than it was on my 2008. Kawasaki says we can save up to 25% on gas because of this eco mode. I can attest to at least a 10% and possibly as much as 15% reduction in fuel consumption. Sunday, I averaged 41 miles per gallon mainly on country roads maintaining average speeds between 55 and 75 mph and I drove 15% of the time on highways where I normally drive between 70 and 80 mph. Normally. I did peak a few times in the vacinity of 90 mph but I basically drove with my brand new C14 the same way I usually drive. When I left for the day drive, the bike didn't have 50 miles on the odometer. The bike was not even broken in. With my 2008, I would definitively fall on the reserve before I got to 185 miles. Sunday I got to 202 miles before it started blinking! I did not even notice the reduced horsepower when the eco mode was on! Amazing feat! With the price of gas what it is, that's really apreciated cause if you think you have got it bad, I will let you know we pay our premium gas between $5.20 and $5.60 per Gallon. Europe is paying around $8 or $9 per gallon. You still got it good.
As for me, I know got it good too. Even if changing from one C14 to another C14 is not that big of a change, I like the improvements Kawasaki made to the bike.
I got $1700 less as trade-in for my 2008 for than I paid for it in august 2008 including the accessories I put on the bike I traded in. I drove it for two and a half years and it cost me $1700, a set of tires and a few oil changes and the gas. Not bad at all. This year, I avoided having to change the brakes, change the oil and filter, adjust the valves, change my tires and change my battery operated tire pressure monitors. All things I would have had to do this year, most of these before the season started with the tune up. All these I left to the dealer. I got a good deal on the 2012.
And now, we are getting hit with this unexpected heat wave and my new C14 is ready to drive off with (the 2008 was not). Fully garanteed for three years, with new tires, fresh oil and filter, new tire pressure gages, new brake pads and new disks.
Life is good!  8) :chugbeer:
Love to ride my new 2012 Concours
Just traded in my 2008!

Offline jonathan

« Reply #44 on: March 20, 2012, 08:07:17 AM »
Got my new 2012 black beauty! Yeah!

Went for my first ride on this beautifull sunday March 18. Record temperature, unusually hot, our usual high around here for a March 18, is 39, yesterday the temperature reached 73!
Apart from the unusual warm weather, the other important difference was the eco mode (not on the 2008). Fuel consumption is significantly lower on my 2012 than it was on my 2008. Kawasaki says we can save up to 25% on gas because of this eco mode. I can attest to at least a 10% and possibly as much as 15% reduction in fuel consumption. Sunday, I averaged 41 miles per gallon mainly on country roads maintaining average speeds between 55 and 75 mph and I drove 15% of the time on highways where I normally drive between 70 and 80 mph. Normally. I did peak a few times in the vacinity of 90 mph but I basically drove with my brand new C14 the same way I usually drive. When I left for the day drive, the bike didn't have 50 miles on the odometer. The bike was not even broken in. With my 2008, I would definitively fall on the reserve before I got to 185 miles. Sunday I got to 202 miles before it started blinking! I did not even notice the reduced horsepower when the eco mode was on! Amazing feat! With the price of gas what it is, that's really apreciated cause if you think you have got it bad, I will let you know we pay our premium gas between $5.20 and $5.60 per Gallon. Europe is paying around $8 or $9 per gallon. You still got it good.
As for me, I know got it good too. Even if changing from one C14 to another C14 is not that big of a change, I like the improvements Kawasaki made to the bike.
I got $1700 less as trade-in for my 2008 for than I paid for it in august 2008 including the accessories I put on the bike I traded in. I drove it for two and a half years and it cost me $1700, a set of tires and a few oil changes and the gas. Not bad at all. This year, I avoided having to change the brakes, change the oil and filter, adjust the valves, change my tires and change my battery operated tire pressure monitors. All things I would have had to do this year, most of these before the season started with the tune up. All these I left to the dealer. I got a good deal on the 2012.
And now, we are getting hit with this unexpected heat wave and my new C14 is ready to drive off with (the 2008 was not). Fully garanteed for three years, with new tires, fresh oil and filter, new tire pressure gages, new brake pads and new disks.
Life is good!  8) :chugbeer:

You're talking in miles and gallons yet your profile shows you as living in Montreal. Are you doing the conversion for our neighbours or did you cross the border and buy a US bike?

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2012, 08:14:54 AM »
The biggest difference I see is in the colors, not years (blue is fastest and the wiminz diggit!)
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Canada44

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2012, 10:09:23 AM »
The biggest difference I see is in the colors, not years (blue is fastest and the wiminz diggit!)

1++++++++ 8)
2010 ABS C14

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2012, 07:29:39 PM »
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2012, 06:32:07 AM »
I didn't see it listed here but I could have missed it.

The '08s and '09s are not speed limited to 154mph like later year models.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Son of Pappy

« Reply #49 on: March 25, 2012, 05:04:11 PM »
I didn't see it listed here but I could have missed it.

The '08s and '09s are not speed limited to 154mph like later year models.
Correction C, they created a speed limiter as soon as they changed colors in '09 ;D

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »
Correction C, they created a speed limiter as soon as they changed colors in '09 ;D

:battle:

Son of Pappy

« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2012, 05:12:48 PM »
 :popcorn: ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2012, 04:58:20 AM »

Trudat

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline MajorTom

• Love to ride
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
You're talking in miles and gallons yet your profile shows you as living in Montreal. Are you doing the conversion for our neighbours or did you cross the border and buy a US bike?
Yep I am making the conversion. There are some neat free conversion calculator app for Android phones and I'm sure even for iPhones if you pay! Yes I did cross the boarder but not to buy the bike. It would have been cheaper as I paid the equivalent of the full US list price which was a Canadian negotiated price (our retail is 18,999$). Try to understand this when our dollar is worth more than the US ( as of now, it takes 1.004 US$ to buy one canadian dollar) Our canadian dollar increased more than 50% in the past few years in relation to the US but we never got the full benefit of it.
I however got five years of free oil and filter changes and an extended warranty to 5 years at the dealer.

By the way I love what this ECO mode. It does improve consumption. I get approximatly 15% better fuel mileage even with a brand new bike and it's not even broken in yet! I have ridden approximatly 500 Km or 310 miles. That I convert without calculator (100 Km = 62 miles) ;)
Just traded in my 2008!

Offline MajorTom

• Love to ride
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2012, 07:53:32 PM »
I was a member before it went poof. I was no longer a newbie in that forum but I got to start over. Nevertheless I'm happy to have found you once again fellows! ;D
Just traded in my 2008!

Offline MajorTom

• Love to ride
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2012, 07:59:25 PM »
Just changed my signature as I did get my new 2012 on the 16th of march :)!
Just traded in my 2008!

Offline Conrad

« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2012, 04:53:49 AM »
I was a member before it went poof. I was no longer a newbie in that forum but I got to start over. Nevertheless I'm happy to have found you once again fellows! ;D

What took you so long man?

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #57 on: March 28, 2012, 04:58:18 AM »
Ground Control to Major Tom
Your circuit's dead, there's something wrong
Can you hear me, Major Tom?
Can you....

Offline Conrad

« Reply #58 on: March 28, 2012, 05:01:02 AM »
take your protein pill and put your helmet on...