Author Topic: Link braking click when brakes are applied....pain in the butt.anyone else?  (Read 5842 times)

Son of Pappy

Ride below 12mph?
That sounds like fun 8)

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Ride below 12mph?

Bet this Harley guy wishes he would've

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Sea Level

There was some talk somewhere about the possibility of re-programming the computer to disable the linked system, all just conjecture as far as I know. Interesting idea about setting the system to "heavy" for around-town use; the manual suggests that the "heavy" mode is for two-up and highway use, if I'm not mistaken, as it applies both front discs and the rear disc when using the foot pedal. The "light" mode applies just one front disc.

In any case, for the guy who asked, something to keep in mind is that the two modes can't be alternated without the bike being stopped first, which is something else I object to about the system. There must be a rational reason for that, but I can't think of what it might be.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
There was some talk somewhere about the possibility of re-programming the computer to disable the linked system, all just conjecture as far as I know. Interesting idea about setting the system to "heavy" for around-town use; the manual suggests that the "heavy" mode is for two-up and highway use, if I'm not mistaken, as it applies both front discs and the rear disc when using the foot pedal. The "light" mode applies just one front disc.

In any case, for the guy who asked, something to keep in mind is that the two modes can't be alternated without the bike being stopped first, which is something else I object to about the system. There must be a rational reason for that, but I can't think of what it might be.

Mother Kawi assumes we're texting to wiminz or listening to MP3's on our mounted smart phones and don't want us concentrating on too many things at once?  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
Has to be liability.  They probably don't want people suing them for accidentally changing the braking mode while riding, and blaming it for a crash.  I also found it annoying, since KTRC can be disabled while riding (under most conditions).
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250