Author Topic: snow.... seriously?  (Read 12341 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: snow.... seriously?
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2015, 07:29:52 AM »
tried it once, fell off the branch and just about broke a stem

I hates it when that happens!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2015, 07:41:10 AM »
nothing I hate more than the sound of a leaf blower when I'm trying to sleep in.... blasted things.... oh, and why do people have to do it everytime 10 leaves are in the yard,  20 consecutive days in a row.... totally anal.

I just mow my yard to the lowest setting, and let the leaves blow where they go..... when the trees are empty, I mow again, and I'm done...

I hate leaf blowers. :cannon: :stirpot: :hitfan: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :1DeadBanana :pukeface:

Maybe if you got to bed at a 'normal' hour you wouldn't get woke up at noon!    ;)

Our yard is totally fenced in and we have a lot of mature maple trees. With the way the wind blows around here very few of 'my leaves' blow out of the yard and quite a few blow into my yard from the neighborhood. 10 leaves?  ::)  I raked and blew Friday and when I woke yesterday morning I looked out and I could hardly see any grass in the yard at all, it was all covered in two inches of wet leaves. I've tried the mowing thing in the past but if the wind isn't blowing at 30mph the chopped leaves just sit there and come spring my grass under those leaves turns to ****.

As much as I hate to I'll be burning leaves today.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2015, 07:47:17 AM »

That's about what we can expect from you polluting VW owners.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2015, 08:34:15 AM »
That's about what we can expect from you polluting VW owners.

What can I say? I'm a bad man.

You want I should bring all my leaves down to your place?

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2015, 12:24:50 PM »
Maybe if you got to bed at a 'normal' hour you wouldn't get woke up at noon!    ;)

Our yard is totally fenced in and we have a lot of mature maple trees. With the way the wind blows around here very few of 'my leaves' blow out of the yard and quite a few blow into my yard from the neighborhood. 10 leaves?  ::)  I raked and blew Friday and when I woke yesterday morning I looked out and I could hardly see any grass in the yard at all, it was all covered in two inches of wet leaves. I've tried the mowing thing in the past but if the wind isn't blowing at 30mph the chopped leaves just sit there and come spring my grass under those leaves turns to ****.

what can I say, I like sleeping all morning....hehehehe

besides, where do you begin to do leaf removal on a yard like this...????

besides, the leaf blower bothers these guys, that hang in my yard....

click on this, and let it load....

sorry for the shaky video, and commentary, but that stuff is very exciting to watch, especially that close, filming this had my heart pounding...

so that's why I hate the sound of leaf blowers... they could care less about my loud riding mower, and never run away, even when I'm within 25 yards of them...  screaming leaf blower from my "neighbor" makes them seek cover.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 01:13:27 PM by MAN OF BLUES »

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2015, 02:21:21 PM »
Maybe I need to add a leaf blower to the bike...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2015, 02:43:17 PM »
What can I say? I'm a bad man.

You want I should bring all my leaves down to your place?

Bring'em on down...we'll throw'em in the neighbors yard.  ;)

Offline Pilgrim

• '12 Black
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2015, 02:43:42 PM »
The leaf blower noise is only a temporary annoyance, they come back.   
They can't resist the acorns on the ground, which were abundant this year.

Offline Cold Streak

« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »
Cool videos MOB.  I also hate leaf blowers but finally succumbed and bought an electric one.  Not as loud as the gas ones but still annoying.  I found another way to avoid raking leaves.  I had hernia surgery last week so the wife got stuck doing them.  Course that means no sex either.   :'(

I actually felt bad seeing her out there working on them by herself while I was stuck on the couch, forced to watch football and drink beer.  I've decided to buy her a lawn sweeper so she can collect them easier.  I hope she can put it together.   ;D

Offline jettawreck

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2015, 09:33:52 AM »
My cousin texted me a pic of his yard yesterday morning. Ugly mess of 2" of wet sloppy snow on the ground and by the afternoon a total of 4". I drove the car over near there (130 miles each way) and while nothing to the south had any accumulations, it was almost a whiteout most of the day.
Back to mid 50's by the weekend.
This street bike thing is all new to me.
Snowmobiles-I have a bunch of those.