Author Topic: SOLD- My 2010 For Sale (10 Miles North of Allentown, Pa)  (Read 9865 times)

Offline Jim H

SOLD- My 2010 For Sale (10 Miles North of Allentown, Pa)
« on: February 27, 2016, 12:01:22 PM »
  With a heavy heart,  looking to sell my 2010 with KTRAC/KACT.  Bike has been garaged and only has 13997 miles on her!  Very clean. Title is in hand. I have had it for a season and a half putting about 8K on her.  Runs great!  PR3 GT tires on with about 1/2 life left. Extended Warranty is up in middle of April this year and can be extended. (Price reflects warranty).

I live approximately 10 miles north of Allentown, Pa.   

Asking 7600 for her.  What she has:
1) AST 2" Pull Back risers
2) BDF's low fuel eliminator
3) Tech Spec protectors
4) Cee Bailey Ultra Tour Domed Windscreen
5) heavy aluminum rack with 2 helmet locks
6) Heated clothing plug
7) Back rest
8. Garmin holder for 765T unit.  Can swap out for another easily.
9. Medium Blue Scorpion EXO 2000 helmet (purchased last year)
10. Factory manual (Shop Manual)

Only a small blemish on the front fender which is hard to see.  A guy backed up a little too close to the bike and his bumper caught the fender.  Never was down. The saddlebags are in great shape.  I always was careful not to hit them when getting on. 
     Would love to see her go to a great home!  email me if you want more pics of info
jims 94 vmx (at) Verizon dot com

put all together.....thanks guys and gals!  LOL

Jim
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 03:10:54 PM by Jim H »

Offline Jim H

Re: My 2010 For Sale
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2016, 12:26:22 PM »
Reasons for selling, 

was taking to work as a Territory manager.  My territory has changed and I will not be able to ride for work.

Wife rode 1994 Vmax when I had that for 19 years.....but never was interested in getting on the Connie.  So no camping vacations where we ride the motorcycle.

Lost touch with a good friend and do not forsee riding with him any time soon.

Brother in law has 2006 Honda ST that he never rides and he was one to take our bikes when we went camping.

But the biggest reason was the deer strike Wednesday with my wifes Fusion.  They came out of nowhere and while I was going slow the 2nd one still got tagged by my right front.  They came from my left.  It happened so fast,  now I really don't want to take that chance anymore.  I have been riding for well over 30 years on the road and have seen some crazy things.....told myself as soon as I started doubting, time to quit.  So there you go.  Thanks everyone.

Offline hlh1

• COG #548
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2016, 03:19:26 PM »
Something is going to get you eventually.  A deer or old age.  I understand where you're coming from, but for me to stop riding is to die early. 

Good luck with the sale! 
COG #548
My bikes:  Suzuki 06 WeeStrom, Kawasaki 09 C14 ABS, 83 Suzuki GS1100ED,

Offline Organdonor

• Benjammin'
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 09:37:42 PM »
Just a tip... only the original owner can buy another extended warranty. If the next owner wants it, you may need to purchase it yourself prior to the finalization of the sale!
Ben Jammin'
New London, CT
Current: 09 C14 ABS & 2 KLR650's
Past: 87 CBR1000F; 97 CBR1100XX Blackbird; 07 GL1800

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2016, 05:45:59 AM »
I think, if a factory warranty is in effect, any current owner can buy the extension.

Offline Walker18

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2016, 05:54:06 AM »
I think, if a factory warranty is in effect, any current owner can buy the extension.
As I did (2nd owner), and you do need to purchase the extension while it is still under factory warranty.

Sorry to read this Jim, but fully understand about the forest ratz, and their ability to jump in your path
without a moments notice. Maybe some dual sport, but as we age, so do our families and our focal points
alter to stay in line with them. Best of luck in your endeavors, but please reconsider this move, I want to travel
to Helen, GA this summer, if you're still riding, maybe you'll consider joining me?
COG#8443                                                  
AMA# 1088783
2012 C-14  'Rudy'

Offline Jim H

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2016, 08:47:20 AM »
  Thanks Jim.  I also have the factory manual for the bike as well.  I will work with new owner on making sure the warranty is extended.  Thanks

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2016, 03:10:05 PM »
  Thanks Jim.  I also have the factory manual for the bike as well.  I will work with new owner on making sure the warranty is extended.  Thanks

Word of advice coming from the person that got us hooked up with the reduced price KPP extensions...
I cannot agree that you have to buy it, I believe that it can be purchased by the new owner provided that you and he make sure the existing extension gets transferred to the new owner, you must do this thru a Kaw dealer to make sure it transfers in a timely manner. I'm not positive it will be an issue, but I highly suggest that if you get to the last week of March, that you do this yourself thru the link we have on the Reduced price extension, and then there will be no Issue whatsoever for it to be transferred to new owner.. it's peace of mind for all involved, and a very positive selling point for you to stress to a potential buyer, that he is covered for another 3 years...

as a safeguard, please call Pete at Ultimate Cycle, and speak with him on this very soon, he will be very specific as he knows the ins and outs on these warranties, he has sold more than any other US dealer...
Oh, please note, they are closed on Monday, so best bet is a call Tuesday thru Friday around 10 a.m. or 3 p.m.

best of luck

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Jim H

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2016, 03:57:17 PM »
  Thanks MOB.  Will make sure it is done.  Agree it is a great selling point. 

Appreciate all the help.

:)

sailor_chic

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2016, 04:27:17 PM »
Jim, say it's not so? I hate to see you go, especially to quite riding. I wish the best for you.

Nicole

I am still interested in Vmax brake advice

Offline Jim H

« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 03:25:24 AM »
  Thanks Nicole.  Happy to talk Vmax with you.  Do you still have my number?

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 01:26:02 PM »
That's a nice bike at a nice price. Shouldn't last long.

Bump

The grass isn't always greener.

Offline Jim H

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2016, 02:04:44 PM »
Thanks,  figured a no hassle nice price to move.  Many views no one bit yet.....There is nothing wrong with the bike if anyone is on the fence.  I just do not want to play games is all.  Thanks.....spring is coming.....here is your bike! Come and get it!  lol

Offline Jim H

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 02:29:27 PM »
Did you say where it's located? If not I'd edit that in to your OP.

Located 10 miles north of Allentown, Pa.
Real easy to get here.

Offline Jim H

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 02:54:04 PM »
Link to my album for some pics. They were dated December 2015 when taken.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=media;sa=album;in=54

Hope this works....did it from phone originally.

Jim

Offline Jim H

Re: My 2010 For Sale 10 Miles North of Allentown, Pa
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 03:07:50 PM »
  Put location in Title....all is good! LOL  Thanks.

Jim

Offline Conniesaki

Re: My 2010 For Sale 10 Miles North of Allentown, Pa
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 03:10:33 PM »
K ... looks good. Altho I'd put it in the body, too, but that's just me. GLWS!

I'll remove my posts from here so as not to muddy up your sale thread.

Offline Jim H

Re: My 2010 For Sale (10 Miles North of Allentown, Pa)
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2016, 03:38:39 PM »
  Riding weather coming up.....come and get her! LOL  The price is pretty low.  KBB shows close to 8300.....I priced to move.....so who will take her home????

Jim

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2016, 12:18:12 PM »
Reasons for selling, 

was taking to work as a Territory manager.  My territory has changed and I will not be able to ride for work.

Wife rode 1994 Vmax when I had that for 19 years.....but never was interested in getting on the Connie.  So no camping vacations where we ride the motorcycle.

Lost touch with a good friend and do not forsee riding with him any time soon.

Brother in law has 2006 Honda ST that he never rides and he was one to take our bikes when we went camping.

But the biggest reason was the deer strike Wednesday with my wifes Fusion.  They came out of nowhere and while I was going slow the 2nd one still got tagged by my right front.  They came from my left.  It happened so fast,  now I really don't want to take that chance anymore.  I have been riding for well over 30 years on the road and have seen some crazy things.....told myself as soon as I started doubting, time to quit.  So there you go.  Thanks everyone.

Sorry to hear about your decision, I know all too well about the doubts after deer strikes. After riding over 40 years in Upstate NY, I was hit 2x by deer and survived- this caused me to give up the fun for over 3 years, but I slowly got the confidence back after I moved from that deer infested region.

Offline Jim H

Re: My 2010 For Sale (10 Miles North of Allentown, Pa)
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2016, 06:41:43 AM »
  Thanks.....

hope everyone reading this knows I did not hit a deer with the bike!  It was with the wife's Ford Fusion.  I know the bike is priced low.....just wanted to get past this.....weird.  Thought the bike would have sold faster?