Author Topic: Front TPS sensor low battery  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Front TPS sensor low battery
« on: November 08, 2011, 02:17:49 PM »
Lately, I have been getting this message about front TPS battery low. I get the message on cold mornings or evenings, but it goes away after I rode for a few miles. Appears when the tire warms up, the message goes away. Is this an indication of getting the battery replaced? Or nothing to worry about?
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Front TPS sensor low battery
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 02:58:07 PM »
It is a common, known situation and nothing to worry about. The battery inside the TPS sensor will show a low voltage when first used in cooler / cold weather but the voltage will and come up after the sensor has been active for a few minutes and the warning will clear itself. You can ignore it or have the sensors replaced under warranty as you choose.

If you do a search there is a lot of info. on this subject.

Brian

Lately, I have been getting this message about front TPS battery low. I get the message on cold mornings or evenings, but it goes away after I rode for a few miles. Appears when the tire warms up, the message goes away. Is this an indication of getting the battery replaced? Or nothing to worry about?
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline Scaffolder

Re: Front TPS sensor low battery
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 05:14:21 PM »
Some people have even timed the warranty work at the perfect time. Like when you need new tires. You might get them to install for free.
Joel from Maine.