Author Topic: Weird Noise  (Read 919 times)

Offline DrJoe

Weird Noise
« on: November 27, 2021, 10:58:43 AM »
With the key out of the ignition, there is an occasional noise from the bike. It sounds like the fuel pump, but it is much softer. The fob was in range. I thought maybe that has to do with the Kipass system (S/b kipass out system - definitely not my favorite part of the bike.) Is that normal? Thoughts?

Offline Freddy

Re: Weird Noise
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 03:47:39 PM »
Positive or negative pressure in the tank equalising thru the valve in the cap - common.
The best substitute for brains is .............what?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2021, 10:10:07 AM »
Positive or negative pressure in the tank equalising thru the valve in the cap - common.

Yep, that is the only noise I ever hear.  No electronic noise should occur with the ignition off.  Only thing active will be the blinky light for a while.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 06:35:41 AM »
To remove the Ignition key you have to turn it to FSS.
FSS is short for Fuel, Saddlebag, Seat. <LOL>

From the owners manual:
FSS - Steering is not locked. Engine off. All electrical circuits off. Key knob can be removed.

Kawasaki's often have a quiet "whistle" or whooshing noise as pressure equalises via the tank breather pipes.
I've never heard it on my C14, but my C10 "sings" thanks to me after a good ride. <LOL>
It can sound like a small electrical motor running.
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK