Author Topic: 08-09 where do you keep your registration?  (Read 7301 times)

Offline MrPepsi

08-09 where do you keep your registration?
« on: June 24, 2016, 09:56:25 AM »
Those of you without a Sergant seat, where do you keep your registration and insurance? I'm not sure I like the idea of keeping it in my jacket, and no way I'll keep it in my glove box that doesn't lock. I just swapped my Sergant for my new Seth Laam seat built on an OEM seat pan, so no more compartment in the bottom of my seat. What creative places do you keep your registration?

I should also mention I don't keep my bags on often.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
Re: 08-09 where do you keep your registration?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 10:17:10 AM »
just keep mine in the bottom of my tank glove box under my tire gage, pen and cable lock. Who wants to steel a piece of paper?  :loco:

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 10:21:58 AM »
A piece of paper with your name and address.
Plus, my glove box is full.
Not sure why you think I'm crazy.
I even said I wasn't planning to keep it there.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Classvino

• Longtime Kawi Rider
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 10:26:38 AM »
I have a second wallet - actually just an ID case - super thin; and I've gotten in the habit of keeping all my ownership, insurance papers, and license in it. Less than 1/8" thick...  (and handy to have it all in one wallet when digging it out for the friendly patrol officer... :(  just the necessities, nothing more...)

I don't even notice it in my pocket anymore. Morning routine - check for watch, phone, keys, wallets, glasses, fob - I'm good to go...  Sounds like a lot, but it's habit now...
2013 C14 - First "new" bike
1983 CB1100F, 1977 GS850, 1974 KH750 H2, 1974 KH500 H1, 1975 KH400 S3, 1979 RD 400 Daytona......

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 10:29:09 AM »
Ohio registration does not have your address on it. Just name, and bike info and if you standing at the bike that info is already available to anyone walking by. Plus they are a coated paper so it doesn't hurt it to get wet.

Offline JerBear

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
I keep it in my wallet too.  It's just a couple pieces of paper and you have to carry your license so that is where it stays.  I'm the only person that operates the Motorcycle so the insurance papers are always with me.
2008 C14 Non-ABS

Offline Mister Tee

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2016, 10:31:05 AM »
I've never kept registration and insurance in my wallet. I don't have room for it. I keep that stuff in the glove box.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm assuming earlier than 2010 does not have a glovebox?

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2016, 10:34:10 AM »
Yeah I hate extra crap in my wallet.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline BMahar

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2016, 11:38:37 AM »
  Under the seat under the tools in the pathetic little plastic tool case.   
  Brent
2011 Concours ABS, Black

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2016, 11:39:59 AM »
Yes I thought about this spot.
It might be the only solution short of keeping it in my jacket.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2016, 12:33:10 PM »
Wallet.   08-09 have a glove box on the tank.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2016, 01:23:27 PM »
EDIT: Nevermind. I'm assuming earlier than 2010 does not have a glovebox?

as Jim said, on the tank but it does not lock.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2016, 01:38:05 PM »
In a double ziploc bag, in my right sleeve wrist zipperd pocket of my stich, which also contains emergency medical info, and family contact numbers.

There is a red pull tab on that sleeves zipper with  an emergency sign on it also...

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2016, 01:39:20 PM »
In a double ziploc bag, in my right sleeve wrist zipperd pocket of my stich, which also contains emergency medical info, and family contact numbers.

There is a red pull tab on that sleeves zipper with  an emergency sign on it also...

Yeah those are nice.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline brant bandit

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2016, 02:20:35 PM »
In a plastic baggie along with my insurance info under the seat in the tool box.
2014 Concours 1400 in black (the fastest colour)
COG# 11854

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2016, 02:30:15 PM »
In a plastic baggie along with my insurance info under the seat in the tool box.

This is the place I am leaning towards.
Its always been double baggied, so this may end up being the new solution.
I miss my Sergant pocket already.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2016, 03:40:34 PM »
Those of you without a Sergant seat, where do you keep your registration and insurance?

I have a Sargent seat.

I keep my license, registration, and insurance in my wallet.  And the wallet is in a fanny-pack that goes in my pannier (while I am riding the bike).

I should also mention I don't keep my bags on often.

That is a good mention.  In my case, I *NEVER* remove the bags.  It is precisely the type of reason why I have a Concours.  Now, if I didn't have panniers, I would have the wallet in either one of three places while ridding- my jacket, my pants, or a fanny-pack.

I would NEVER leave anything with my personal information, unsecured, on or in any vehicle, if I were not using/in/on the vehicle (security/privacy).  Under the seat?  Perhaps, but not very convenient.   Glovebox on the Gen C14?  Possibly, since it locks.  But I leave that completely empty except for spare keys for the helmet lock and Sargent Pod, since the panniers are all I need.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2016, 04:34:24 PM »
I feel Razzi looks sportier with the bags off, and it makes splitting while commuting easier to manage.
However during the winter months when I need a bit more warmth in the morning, I'll have the bags on to hold the extra gear.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2016, 05:33:07 PM »
Just mentioning..
If you get pulled over, for whatever, and have to stop at the discretion of the LEO involved,you may nd 9 out of 10 times, you have to park in a precarious position, where bike balance on side stand, or dismounting to root thru your bags, is a CDA waiting to happen, and the LEO ain't gonna help you upright you now horizontal machine, and even if you get a ticket, it still isn't worth dismounting for, to appease the interest of Jonny Law...

Keep it where you can retrieve it, and hand it to him... just personal experience.

Now, personally, if I am stopped, and an officer asks for registration, I simply say I have to sit here as long as you are out of your air conditioned car, here is my drivers license, I'm wearing a moon suit, go back, run my plate, and my license, and be quick about it, please officer...
If they demand an insurance card, I have it in my sleeve, but I still say, oh, no problem, is your office down the road? If not I'll show ya, but I do have 36 hours to provide that, I can stop safely and dig it out at the depot....or, pull it out and hand it to him.

I don't get stopped much.

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline R1Brian

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2016, 10:53:27 PM »
I just got my 09, and it has a Corbin 2 piece seat. I had it under there in the plastic box for a couple weeks. I got a set of the bag liners, and there is a small pocket on the outside. I am keeping it in there now. All of my bikes have required me to get off to produce registration, so this has been no issue on this one either. I have always been respectful to LEO, even if I was pulled over for gross infractions. I once got pulled over doing 40 plus above posted with a passenger. ( it was a 25 zone on a beautiful curvy road )   Long story short, I was let go with a stern warning.