Author Topic: Tank Bag Question  (Read 3393 times)

Offline mikeb2411

Tank Bag Question
« on: May 11, 2015, 11:31:32 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm looking at adding a tank bag to my bike. I have been reading through the "threads of the past" and I don't want to :deadhorse: but for me it has come down to the "Firstgear Laguna", "Cortech 2.0" or "Motocentrics 19".

Know that I have the 2" up and 2" back risers on my bike and don't know if that comes into play with larger bags but I am hoping for some feedback on these bags from those of you that have tried/use them.

Tank bags are a difficult item to"pin down" so your input on this will be appreciated.

Thanks!
Mike
Ojai, CA
2016 Black Triumph Trophy SE

Offline qyetman

Re: Tank Bag Question
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 01:51:12 PM »
I had the Cortech 2.0, until I forgot it at a gas station. It worked great, just the right size to be able to carry rain suit and a few other things, but did not get in the way of the handlebars.

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 01:53:07 PM »
I had the Cortech 2.0, until I forgot it at a gas station. It worked great, just the right size to be able to carry rain suit and a few other things, but did not get in the way of the handlebars.

Good to know...thanks! Sorry you lost it :-\
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 03:12:13 PM »
I scored a Nelson Rigg that I really like. I'm modifying it now to suit my needs. I'll post a thread when I'm done.
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline mikeb2411

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 03:49:18 PM »
I ended up ordering the "Fastrax Elite" tank bag. It was a tough choice but the bag had the size and features of the others I was looking at and it was priced pretty well so that was my choice.
Mike
Ojai, CA

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 06:56:00 PM »
I scored a Nelson Rigg that I really like. I'm modifying it now to suit my needs. I'll post a thread when I'm done.

Mine has been the best bag I've owned yet
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 05:34:20 AM »
I have several that I use depending on length of trip and what I need to carry.  My large is http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/nelson-rigg-cl-2020-gps-tank-bag.

I use a pair of zip ties to loop it over the front stays on the tank.  It is large but doesn't get in my way and I am running stock bars.

My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline qyetman

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 01:42:08 PM »
+1 on Nelson Rigg!! My 1st tank bag was Nelson Rigg and it lasted for 20 years. Now it is living it's second life as a bungee strap holding bag. I hate to throw anything useful away.