Author Topic: Oooooo. I like this!!!  (Read 7989 times)

Offline Tele130

Oooooo. I like this!!!
« on: October 19, 2012, 04:37:57 PM »
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Oooooo. I like this!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 04:39:16 PM »
Time will tell.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »
Could be my next bike, I like the way it looks, at the very least. Shaft drive? It looks like it from the pics, but it is not mentioned. Some nice features, I could do without the stereo, perhaps in favor of cruise control. I am fine with MP3 music from the GPS into the Sena SMH-10 bluetooth system. I may need to look around for a test ride.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline Tele130

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 07:59:22 PM »
Could be my next bike, I like the way it looks, at the very least. Shaft drive? It looks like it from the pics, but it is not mentioned. Some nice features, I could do without the stereo, perhaps in favor of cruise control. I am fine with MP3 music from the GPS into the Sena SMH-10 bluetooth system. I may need to look around for a test ride.

Yes, it's shaft drive.  Have no fear.  With the "SE" you get to have both the stereo system and Cruise Control along with a host of other goodies like Linked ABS, Electronic adjustable Suspension, Heated seats and Grips, Electronically adjustable windscreen, Rider preferred LCD panel (you can have as little or as much info on it as you want.)

And there's more, but I'll let you read about it. ;D

BTW, the stereo system is capable of using two Bluetooth devices at the same time.

Doug Colton

Offline Tele130

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 08:07:54 PM »
Why Kawasaki didn't equip the C-14 like this I'll never know.  With a bike that is as computerized as today's cars and you call it a "Touring" machine but you don't equip it with something as simple as "Cruise Control"?...................................Really? ::)

Doug Colton

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 08:27:50 PM »
6.9 gal tank, cruise control, and heated seat. If only the Connie came standard with these.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold

Offline Snibbor

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 08:31:55 PM »
and it can all be yours for 20 grand
i guess that's why ;D

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 10:47:24 PM »
i guess that's why ;D

Yup......nail on the head.  :thumbs:  I bet team green will put cruise on soon, more alternator output makes sense too.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 11:04:42 PM »
Why Kawasaki didn't equip the C-14 like this I'll never know.  With a bike that is as computerized as today's cars and you call it a "Touring" machine but you don't equip it with something as simple as "Cruise Control"?...................................Really? ::)

6.9 gal tank, cruise control, and heated seat. If only the Connie came standard with these.

:goodpost:  x2...

Offline Tele130

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2012, 08:32:31 AM »

Yup......nail on the head.  :thumbs:  I bet team green will put cruise on soon, more alternator output makes sense too.

Too little to late. Since they knew they were producing the biggest baddest Sport-Touring machine on the market Kawasaki should have had some "Luxury" items on the very first model. Now it's all catch up in stead of leading.  Sometimes, performance isn't everything.

Doug Colton

Offline Tele130

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 08:41:15 AM »
i guess that's why ;D

We've all been around the block enought to know that Performance, comfort and a little "Pampering" doesn't come free. Would you really think a bike like this would cost around 13k?  Not even the new "Stripped Down" C-14 is that cheap.

Doug Colton

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 10:26:25 AM »
Too little to late. Since they knew they were producing the biggest baddest Sport-Touring machine on the market Kawasaki should have had some "Luxury" items on the very first model. Now it's all catch up in stead of leading.  Sometimes, performance isn't everything.

Catch up? You do realize that the C14 has been the #1 sport touring machine since its debut?  Triumph and BMW can do the things they do for a reason, both are specialty motorcycle companies compared to the big 3. People are going to pay a premium for either brand, and they know that going in. The price point for the C14 is fantastic for what you are getting "they sell a ton", and I do see them adding things like cruise in the near future. So many want what they don't have, I however love what I have. What changes until recently has Yamaha made to the FJR, how about Honda for the ST? Kawa made some major changes in 2 years of the C14 debut, I am betting they very much care about leading the industry in this category.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline Tele130

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 11:08:27 AM »
I guess I just don't understand how or why a Motorcycle company would use words like "Intercontinental Ballistic Touring machine" and not provide the rider with the equipment....."Creature Comforts" (if you will) to make such claims a reality..........within reason of course.  Wonder what a poll of C-14 buyers would reveal if they were asked "What is the ONE factory installed item you want on your bike?"

Ducatti missed out also on the Mulistrada.  85% 0f nthat bike is controlled or manupulated electronically and you couldn't install Cruise?  You do refer to it as a "Touring" machine right?  I mean it has an Electronic selectable ride mode for Touring after all.

I guess all Im saying is, if I'm going to buy a modern "Sport -Touring" machine, it WILL be equiped with Cruise Control at top of the option list.

Doug Colton

Offline Pokey

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 11:21:45 AM »
I guess I just don't understand how or why a Motorcycle company would use words like "Intercontinental Ballistic Touring machine" and not provide the rider with the equipment....."Creature Comforts" (if you will) to make such claims a reality..........within reason of course.  Wonder what a poll of C-14 buyers would reveal if they were asked "What is the ONE factory installed item you want on your bike?"

Ducatti missed out also on the Mulistrada.  85% 0f nthat bike is controlled or manupulated electronically and you couldn't install Cruise?  You do refer to it as a "Touring" machine right?  I mean it has an Electronic selectable ride mode for Touring after all.

I guess all Im saying is, if I'm going to buy a modern "Sport -Touring" machine, it WILL be equiped with Cruise Control at top of the option list.

Yet you ride an old fossil.  ;)  They will make some changes the collective wants, and Multi is an ADV bike not a sport touring bike......and a bad ass one at that.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

Offline eng943

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2012, 08:31:29 PM »
This might just be the bike I have always wanted. It fills a nice gap between the RT and a full on touring bike. Yes, it is more expensive than the C14, and a look at the list of features explains why. Now, I don't lament the absence of cruise too much...I can add that...same for a heated seat. My biggest gripes with the C14 is the smallish fuel tank and inferior wind protection compared to bikes like the Trophy, RT, K1300/1600.

However, where the Tropy really shines is in the size of the fairing, the fuel capacity, and the weight. I will wait a couple years and let Triumph work out the bugs before I give it consideration. Meanwhile the new watercooled boxer and a redisigned RT will be coming out too.   

Two thumbs up to Triumph.
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline twowheeladdict

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »
a whole bunch!!!

;)

2013 Triumph Trophy SE
http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2013-triumph-trophy-se-first-ride

I don't like how the exhaust and the bottom of the saddlebag don't line up.  Other than that it think it is an awesome machine.  I've already put 7500 miles on my '12 concours this summer and over 15,000 miles total on two wheels since May.  Still looking for that all day long seat and have the Rostra Cruise to install when I have a chance.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2012, 09:18:35 AM »
How come nobody commented that the Triumph looks like it used the Concours as a template? Hell, the muffler is an almost exact copy of our stock boat anchor.

Offline Tele130

« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2012, 09:51:40 AM »
How come nobody commented that the Triumph looks like it used the Concours as a template? Hell, the muffler is an almost exact copy of our stock boat anchor.

I thought the Triumph is a dead ringger for the BMW RT1200R

The Triumph Thophy.

2012 Concours ABS

Doug Colton

Offline eng943

« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2012, 11:48:58 AM »

Probably because it doesn't, and the BMW RT was in fact the template.
2017 C14 - AST Risers / Peg Lowering kit / mccruise /Garmin 595/Shoodaben MR / Area P / Kawi Touring Seat.
Second Bike 2017 BMW R12R

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2012, 12:39:55 PM »

Probably because it doesn't, and the BMW RT was in fact the template.

In your opinion . . .