Author Topic: seriously  (Read 4726 times)

Offline snarf

• Arena
seriously
« on: October 21, 2011, 09:01:24 PM »
Im know this isnt the place, BUT did the 'new math' topic get nuked? Seriously? It shoulda at least got sent to the arena.   :-\
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: seriously
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2011, 06:29:57 AM »
 :popcorn:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2011, 06:54:02 AM »
Im know this isnt the place, BUT did the 'new math' topic get nuked? Seriously? It shoulda at least got sent to the arena.   :-\

To what end? That thread was going no where fast!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2011, 11:24:49 AM »
I thank the moderator that nuked it. There was nothing to discuss in that thread. That thread was not politics.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Conrad

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 11:26:50 AM »
I thank the moderator that nuked it. There was nothing to discuss in that thread. That thread was not politics.

+1

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 02:22:55 PM »
And Here I was just getting started.   :(

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2011, 03:48:55 PM »
Oh Im not complaining that it got removed.  I was just hoping to get a little more insight as to why someone thought it was racist.

We are getting to thin skined..

Ethnic profiling:
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=3222.0

Racist (whats wrong with people from Mexico?)
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=2820.0

Sexist:
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=978.0

How long must we let this madness go on? They are jokes people, lighten up....
2002 Conc

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2011, 03:55:07 PM »
Actually those were funny.

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 04:38:10 PM »
Quote from: gPink link=topic=4931[move
[/move].msg57554#msg57554 date=1319493307]
Actually those were funny.
I agree, so was the joke about new math :o
2002 Conc

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2011, 10:35:23 PM »
Here you go again....you guys can't give up. If someone takes an offense to something, it burns your behind?
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Son of Pappy

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2011, 10:39:39 PM »
Here you go again....you guys can't give up. If someone takes an offense to something, it burns your behind?
Speaking for me, I'd like to know what you took offense to.  I'm always learning, so please educate me.

TIA

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2011, 10:41:46 PM »
In the original thread someone did and I respect his position.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Son of Pappy

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2011, 10:43:31 PM »
I must of missed it, would you please share?

Chet

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2011, 10:48:35 PM »
I must of missed it, would you please share?

Chet

Hmmm....I am gonna say 'good try'   ;)
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Son of Pappy

« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2011, 10:56:44 PM »
Guess I wont be needing that lesson.  I've taken about every type of class EO available, from 20 years in the Army, to mandatory classes from several defferant organizations.  Generaly speaking I'm a get along kind of guy and I work hard to avoid unnecessary conflict.  I understand that no one agrees with everyone, but having an understanding certainly helps things along.

Chet

Offline Boomer

• Wickford, UK
    • Boomers GTR Site
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 04:42:14 AM »
I'm not sexist, racist, sizeist, religionist,  bikeist, or any other ist you can think of.

I HATE EVERYONE EQUALLY. Yep, all of you!  ;D
George "Boomer" Garratt
Wickford, UK

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 04:47:07 AM »
Go to profile. Modify profile. Group membership. Check Arena box.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 05:03:38 AM »
Speaking for me, I'd like to know what you took offense to.  I'm always learning, so please educate me.

TIA

I think that it was Roadie who took offense and instead of him getting a lil respect for his views, he got dog piled by the usual suspects.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 05:10:11 AM »
I don't think it was a lack of respect as much as needing some enlightenment for the unwashed.

Offline roadie

• RIP:2009 ABS....Welcome 2015 Black
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 06:02:09 AM »
Fellas, seriously.  It was my view, I found the joke "not cool."  It was (is) my view, and I chose not to enlighten anyone further on it.  I don't consider you "unwashed."  I never called anyone racist or a bigot, rather I said I found the joke to be racist and bigoted.  Yes, someone could put a convincing argument that it wasn't, but I can tell you, just as many could make the case that it was.  I even googled the joke and read it on other boards, and got both sides of the scale on those that thought it was funny and those that thought it was bigoted.  Who is right??  In my book, it doesn't matter. Because first off, I'm not here to debate culture, rather C14's (I'm kinda one-track minded in that respect).  Secondly, everyone has different views, and as adults and Americans, we are allowed to have them, and should respect each other's views.  You (fill in name whoever feels they fit here) don't think it was off color; I do.  Two opinions, mine and yours.  nuff' said?   

Now, how did I even get in the situation to have responded to New Math?  I'll tell you.  Being new to this forum, I was taken aback by it when I clicked on Read UnRead Posts, like I do throughout the day.  I was expecting to read something related to C14's but was confronted with what I (I, me) deemed very off color.  Hence my reply, "not cool."  I did NOT know there was such a beast as a "funny" board.   Had I known it was on the FUNNY board, I would have ignored, unchecked the notifier button on the Funny Board, and that would have been the end of it.  It is not my job or desire to preach my views as those to which other's should subscribe.  I am not a moderator here, nor is anyone here an employee of mine, or my son.  So if you are looking for why I found it offensive, well, I'm just not going to go there.  I do not have thin skin, I do not cry in warzones, but do voice my opinion, which I did in two words.  They are mine. 

I hope this explanation serves to finally let this die.  You'll note I did not judge anyone, did not say you shouldn't say what you want to say, or post whatever you want to post.  As long as it meets the intent of the board, go for it, your perogative.  I for one have learned that the Funny board is not for me; I stumbled into it by accident.  The C14 board IS, and that is where you will find me.

Deuces

Will
Will