Author Topic: 30 Seconds over Tokyo  (Read 1475 times)

Offline Squishman

• Arena
30 Seconds over Tokyo
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:36:17 AM »
Turner Classic was playing "30 Seconds over Tokyo" last night. I hear that it is pretty accurate telling the story. But I missed it. So I bought it on Amazon last night for six and half bucks with free shipping. Today, I went back to see if it was still so cheap, and it is 11.99. Funny. I wonder if Amazon takes advantage of a movie that is playing on TV and lowers the price for that day. Must be.
I did get an awesome Cyber-Monday deal on Amazon last month. I bought the entire (8 seasons) of Monk for a ridiculous $61.99. It is now 99.99. Glad I found that deal!
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
Re: 30 Seconds over Tokyo
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 12:28:58 PM »
Keep watching their site for a couple of weeks and see what the price does.  I would suspect just the opposite, that they figure the day after it is shown, there will be more interest, just like you did, and they RAISE the price for awhile to take advantage of a demand bump.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline Ron Dawg

• Arena
  • a/k/a ron203
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 06:10:30 PM »
Tom Clancey's new book came out Dec 13 and was on Amazon. It was $24.99 list, $20.99 for Kindle. Two weeks after Christmas, the Kindle edition was down another $5 or so. Timing is everything when marketing to the public.
2014 C-14 Red

Offline Squishman

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2012, 04:25:34 PM »
Today, 30 Seconds over Tokyo is only $5.99 with free shipping on Amazon!
Todd
Eagan, MN
Photos of my 1999 Conk: http://s751.photobucket.com/home/Squishman/index
Fav farkles: custom-cut Corbin Seat, Sonic 1.2's, Sisf's righteous carb work, Yamaha ATV bars, Spoofak, Rifle Shield, Stick Coils.