Author Topic: What's wrong with this pictures?  (Read 2832 times)

Offline DHarvey

What's wrong with this pictures?
« on: June 19, 2011, 07:41:22 AM »
OK, so its Father’s Day but I got to play yesterday riding over to central New York to run the Ilion Gorge with a few other Connie owners so I still have a few small items to knock off on the ‘Honey Do’ list. One of these is to dig out a small trench under our outside deck stairs and replace the dirt with stones (sort of a dry well concept) to keep the dirt high on the hill from eroding/seeping onto a wooden walkway below.

So I’m down on my knees digging with a little hand spade and putting the dirt into a little red bucket and all of a sudden I start to get a belly laugh.. at 61 years old, I haven’t progressed very much!

Happy father’s Day y’all.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: What's wrong with this pictures?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 08:18:16 AM »
Yep, I can relate to that.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
Mud pies... cool!  :thumbs:
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 03:11:36 PM »
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that picture.  A man boy should spend time now and then simply digging in the dirt.  ;D
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline JetJock

• 2010 Concours in wicked fast BLUE
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »
There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with that picture.  A man boy should spend time now and then simply digging in the dirt.  ;D

+1

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 08:32:16 PM »
+2! I enjoy working in my garage getting grease and dirt under my fingernails. I put an A/C condensor in my MIL's car, installed 3 Max Air vent covers on the new-to-us RV, tore my laptop apart to clean out the fan filter (the fan was running high constantly) and troubleshooting a battery issue with the RV. The wife and daughter cooked for me all day and I too got to enjoy that same central NY ride yesterday. THIS was an awesome Father's day weekend!
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline snarf

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2011, 09:55:49 AM »
LOL I spent part of Fathers day sitting in a small plastic inflatable swimming pool getting squirted in the face by a rubber duck squeezing granddaughter. I felt four again :chugbeer: :chugbeer:
2002 Conc
1986 Conc "The spirit of COG"

"We did not become the men that we are because we were Sailors, soldiers or cops; we became Sailors, soldiers and cops because of the men we are."

Offline Conrad

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2011, 11:26:18 AM »
+2! I enjoy working in my garage getting grease and dirt under my fingernails. I put an A/C condensor in my MIL's car, installed 3 Max Air vent covers on the new-to-us RV, tore my laptop apart to clean out the fan filter (the fan was running high constantly) and troubleshooting a battery issue with the RV. The wife and daughter cooked for me all day and I too got to enjoy that same central NY ride yesterday. THIS was an awesome Father's day weekend!

I put a new condensor in my Pontiac last year and let me tell you, I did NOT enjoy it. I had to pull nearly the entire front end apart to do it. It got done though and the AC kicks butt again!
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline bbroj

• To be determined...
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2011, 01:08:32 PM »
I put a new condensor in my Pontiac last year and let me tell you, I did NOT enjoy it. I had to pull nearly the entire front end apart to do it. It got done though and the AC kicks butt again!

Fortunately this one was fairly simple, it dropped down from in front of the radiator without having to remove the radiator, I did have to undo the mounts for wiggle room, though. I just came back from the garage where the system is being recharged, she's all set! Air temp at the vents is about 39 or 40*.
'12 C-14, Vance and Hines CS One muffler, lowered pegs, tank bra, bar risers, Phil's Farkles rack with Givi V46 top box, fender extender, Bucks tail brights, Canyon Cages and much more to come!
COG 9331
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=1302;type=avatar&time=1422479190

Offline Conrad

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2011, 01:14:34 PM »
Fortunately this one was fairly simple, it dropped down from in front of the radiator without having to remove the radiator, I did have to undo the mounts for wiggle room, though. I just came back from the garage where the system is being recharged, she's all set! Air temp at the vents is about 39 or 40*.

Lucky! My radiator had to come out, along with a bunch of other stuff. I didn't check the temp at the vents, all I know is that it's cold and it cools the inside of that car down in a BIG hurry.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline booger

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2011, 06:15:41 PM »
At least we are only to the digging in the dirt stage.

Later comes the Depends. ;D