Author Topic: 1994 Kawasaki Voyager XII - sold  (Read 1896 times)

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
1994 Kawasaki Voyager XII - sold
« on: April 15, 2012, 09:43:53 AM »
Unfortunately this bike has been languishing in my garage for several years.  After I got the C14 I never rode it again.  The carbs are off as they needed to be cleaned.  Got started on that and never finished.  I have all the parts and the kits.  This bike has 76000 miles on it and rode well until I took it apart to clean the carbs.  I have many Markland accessories for it as well.  I think I'd rather sell it in it's entirety than part it out so if anyone is interested let me know.  It would have to be trailered away.  I'm thinking about $1000 right now.

[smg id=235]
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 06:35:51 PM by VirginiaJim »
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: 1994 Kawasaki Voyager XII
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 09:50:10 AM »
If there's any prospects, I can do the carbs for them - Steve

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 11:18:38 AM »
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline toojeep4u

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 02:45:16 PM »
Okay so I was getting ready to buy a new Russell Day long for my Connie and my wife brings up the idea of just buying this Voyager.  What can you guys tell me about the Voyager?  It is on par with the GL1200 right?  What add-ons do you have for her Jim?
Tori '01

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 02:57:55 PM »
There really aren't any 'add-ons' as such except the Markland stuff, bunch of chromey bits.  It's got a CB, radio, cruise, and tape player.  I wouldn't recommend buying this bike as a rider unless you got a lot of time on your hands.  It's in fairly good shape as is but it would take a bit to get it riding again.  I did get 50mpg from it.  The suspension is soft and it rides low to the ground so it's not a whippersnapper  in the twisties.  I think it's worth more in parting it out but that would be your call....

The wife and I took it to NM and some years back and it did well.

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/kawasaki/kawasaki_zg1200_voyager_xii.htm

Offline toojeep4u

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 03:03:27 PM »
Hmm, time is something I don't have a lot of.
Tori '01

Online VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 03:07:38 PM »
This ain't the bike for you, unfortunately.  There are many ridable Voyagers out there and they did compete somewhat with the early 'Wings.  If you are interested in Voyagers then you should look here...

http://www.amervoyassoc.org/

Many good people that ride that bike.  It's very good for two up in comfort.