Author Topic: WOW--Slingshot  (Read 7740 times)

Offline twowheeladdict

Re: WOW--Slingshot
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 05:44:37 AM »

Guess everyone is right.  I need to go back to the ARENA.

Helmets would be optional.  You would have to follow your state law on helmets.  If your state does not require helmets for motorcycles,  you will not need on when driving the Slingshot.

All the states around me require a helmet.  We lose enough riders as it is without compounding the problem.
My Concours Travels:
2014 New England Tour http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17336.msg212077#msg212077

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 09:58:08 AM »
Bought my very low mileage Solstice Convertible for half that.  Has weather protection and AC.  My real problem with a car that is classified as a motorcycle is that I would have to wear a helmet while driving it.

Low mileage Solstice for $10,000, nice! But I was comparing new vs new. Also would be interested in how the Slingshot performance compares to Solstice, Miata, etc.

Offline Racer Boy

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 10:46:28 AM »
The power-to-weight ratio of the Slingshot is pretty good, so it should easily out-perform most cars.

The sensation of speed in the Slinghot will probably be pretty high, as you sit so low to the road, with very low doors (does it even have doors?), so your elbow is just above the pavement. Compare that with something like a Solstice, which has a very high beltline (isolating you from the experience of having the pavement rushing by).

I think the Slinghsot looks pretty terrific, from a fun-to-drive and performance standpoint!

Offline wally_games

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 11:03:35 AM »

Guess everyone is right.  I need to go back to the ARENA.

Helmets would be optional.  You would have to follow your state law on helmets.  If your state does not require helmets for motorcycles,  you will not need on when driving the Slingshot.

In Texas, helmets are only required by a person's common sense, not by the state. But, you have to have a MC license to drive one.
'14 BMW 1200 GSw (red, what little there is that's not grey)
'11 Concours ABS (black) w/ Leo Vince carbon, heated Corbin, Garmin; TechSpec pads (gone but not forgotten)
'05 Yamaha FZ6, only crashed once, gone in trade; '87 Honda Gold Wing Aspencade, sold; '85 Honda Magna (700), sold; '76 Kawasaki KZ400, sold