Author Topic: 4 into one of sorts  (Read 1996 times)

Offline mrwog

• Be well and safe
4 into one of sorts
« on: February 25, 2012, 12:40:40 PM »
So I chopped the left pipe welded it up sanded and painted it.I did the left side because I was sort of forced to do so. I bought the bike (1986)just before winter and it has Holeshot Performance cans on it. I took the bike down to do some upgrades, 94 front end wheel and brakes 94 rear shock and go through and inspect and adjust everything. Sent out the bowls to have the drain tubes pressed in buy Shoudaben engineering and made some block-off plates, also bought the stick coil kit from Tony Crochet.
Well to my surprise there was a big hole in the can from hitting the rear axle nut. The rear shock was junk and I'm thinking the can was not mounted properly and well the rest is history.
So that is where I'm at with that shall see how it is when I get it all back together.

some people are like Slinky's good for nothing but still fun when tossed down stairs

Offline Tele130

Re: 4 into one of sorts
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2012, 11:31:00 AM »
Very interesting Paul. Keep us updated.  :thumbs:

And just a side note:  The silver bug you see in the garage?  Is not your typical bug!!! :o ;D. Hope you don't mind Paul. ;-)
Does this mean we get a "Re-Do" on life too?

Doug Colton
2006 Concours............nice ride!!!!!

Offline Steve in Sunny Fla

• Shoodaben Engineering
Re: 4 into one of sorts
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2012, 08:16:25 PM »
That's about the same as Jim Snyders exhaust. He's been doing that for about 5 years. Check it out on the contario thread. Steve