Author Topic: Just finished with my DRL install .......  (Read 1629 times)

Offline sas mayhem

Just finished with my DRL install .......
« on: October 14, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »
Well here is my set up for my driving lights.  I ordered them from here http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fdrl.html%23drl-cw5. I was looking for bright,and streamline. As you can see there slim.

the relay is NOT included I just tossed it in the pic to compare the size.

There very slim

I'm not going in to the wiring , but it was straight forward. Black to neg on battery and red to power lead on the turn signal.

Here is how I mounted them. I wrapped some tape around the tip over bar just to make the clamps tighter. Most likely an over kill, since these lights are feather lite.

Here is the finished product. Tonight  i'll double check the aim, but these two camera shots don't do them justice, these are BRIGHT...

Cheers
Ron
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 06:42:10 PM by sas mayhem »
09 Connie
...try to live a day without doing one of the 5 D’s....Deny, Defer, Deflect, Discount and Deceit...tougher than it sounds....

Offline throb

Re: Just finished with my DRL install .......
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 06:20:19 PM »
  And only $20?!  Pretty sweet Ron.  I've been looking for something to make the triangle light source at the front of my bike and I think you just filled the order.  I see they are listed as throwing 8000k light, so they must be on the blue end of the spectrum?  No matter, I don't ride at night much anyway, too much high speed beef (deer) around here anyway. ???
'05 Concours, SISF's 2 min jet mod and exhaust cam sprocket, snarf's block off plates, risers, SS lines, fork brace, T-Cro's stick coils & shift linkage, ZZR1200 rear shock, MS rear wheel.