Author Topic: bike lowering  (Read 7735 times)

Offline Ghost Rider 2

bike lowering
« on: July 24, 2011, 06:52:46 AM »
  Looking to buy a Concours for my wife.  bike is a little to tall for her.   She has riden my 04 but is not comfortable.  did a search for lowering kits and came up with 1400 stuff only.  Is there a kit or what is the best way to drop a ZG1000 a couple of inches and not mess the handleing up.  Thanks.

Offline mlf73

Re: bike lowering
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:12:47 AM »
Norm Soucy is the gentleman who makes and sells lowering links for the C10.  His email is sanleonster@gmail.com and phone number is 281-339-1156.  I can't recall if he has a website or not.  I have one of his lowering links on my bike due to the increased ride height after installing a C14 shock.  I think he has 3 different sizes for the C10.  You should be able to drop the front end by raising the forks in the triple tree clamps if necessary.  I'm sure there will be more feedback shortly.
02 Conc- Corbin seat, Cee Baileys shield, MCL fork brace, 4 pot calipers w/zrxmopar's adapters, 310mm rotors, SS brake lines, 1.1 Sonic springs, C14 rear shock, TCro's stick coils, SiSF's economy jet kit, front tip-over bars w/hwy pegs, KB bar risers, fender extender, block off plates, HVMP bar end weights, grip heaters, Murphs fuse block, 55W HID upgrade, relo'd coolant bottle & helmet locks

Offline jim snyder

• Arena
  • I'm married but my girlfriends name is Connie
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:24:50 AM »
  Looking to buy a Concours for my wife.  bike is a little to tall for her.   She has riden my 04 but is not comfortable.  did a search for lowering kits and came up with 1400 stuff only.  Is there a kit or what is the best way to drop a ZG1000 a couple of inches and not mess the handleing up.  Thanks.

mlf73 gave you what you need. Call Norm and see if he has any links. I have had mine lowered for almost 4 years now and its great.
"Somedays you're the windshield, and somedays you're the bug"
"An armed citizen is a patriot, and unarmed citizen is a victim"

http://community.webshots.com/user/kawadude

Offline Ghost Rider 2

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
   Sent an email.  Sounds like the person I need to talk to.

Offline DarkKnight

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 12:23:05 PM »
I lower a full 2" and once I altered the center stand, I have no issues cornering.

Offline oldsmoboat

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 01:15:23 PM »
I talked with Norm but don't have the equipment/skills to cut down the stands.

Offline Uglydog56

• I'd rather be lucky than good.
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2011, 09:52:11 AM »
My center stand doesn't grind unless I'm 2 up, and you have to be leaned over pretty far.  Also - it's a self-correcting problem - eventually the feet will be triangle shaped and quit grinding.  ;)
Rick A. Cone
COG #9186
98 Connie, 76 CB400F

Offline elvin315

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2011, 04:32:37 PM »
All you need to know about getting your feet closer to the ground is in the FAQ. From sculpting your seat to lowering the frame

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=578.0