Author Topic: New Seat Info  (Read 6976 times)

Offline RUFFSTUFF

New Seat Info
« on: January 12, 2017, 12:29:19 PM »
Is there a good aftermarket seat out there that doesn't lower the seating position, works great for the rider and passenger and doesn't require you to send your OEM seat in? After 4 years of riding on this plank it's got to go. Soon.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Re: New Seat Info
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2017, 01:04:44 PM »
Many aftermarket seats raise the height, not lower it.    I know Russell uses the existing seat pan.  Not sure, but I think Corbin doesn't use your existing seat pan.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2017, 03:12:48 PM »
Sargent non-low (regular) seat also keeps same height.

http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=7695
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=17507
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=16541
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=12380

Not sure, but I think Corbin doesn't use your existing seat pan.

They don't.  Neither does Sargent.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Landon

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2017, 03:57:44 PM »
Kawasaki touring seat is another option

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2017, 07:51:35 PM »
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline O.C.

CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2017, 06:31:10 AM »

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2017, 09:25:21 AM »
Not exactly user friendly..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2017, 10:38:51 AM »
Corbin makes their own pans so no sending in the stock seat. I don't think it lowers it. Been so long I can't remember what the stock seat is like.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2017, 12:25:16 PM »
Corbin makes their own pans so no sending in the stock seat. I don't think it lowers it. Been so long I can't remember what the stock seat is like.

I never even sat on my stock seat.  Bought the bike and immediately put a Sargent on it and thew the stock seat in the attic.  I assume it is still there, collecting dust.

Offline O.C.

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2017, 03:24:53 AM »
Interesting. (Although one of the most annoying sites ever.)

Time to admit.................That I never used the site as I bought my Top Sellerie from another forum member here in Blighty

I can say that I find it all day comfy and that's a big plus  ;) 

I'm sure that they are available on fleabay...which has gotta be an easier option
CARPE DIEM

KAWASAKI VERSYS 650

Offline RUFFSTUFF

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2017, 11:58:31 AM »
Ended up ordering the Kawasaki Touring Seat from PowerSportsWarehouse.com back on the 21st... $455. So now I'm just waiting... for delivery... for shipping confirmation... for anything other than they took my money...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2017, 04:22:00 PM »
Ended up ordering the Kawasaki Touring Seat from PowerSportsWarehouse.com back on the 21st... $455.

A lot of people swear by it.  Wasn't an option for me, since I had to have a low seat, so went with Sargent.  Very well made, but any low seat is harder due to lack of padding/firmer foam.  Doesn't matter to me that much, since the rest of my body is worn out after a few hours of riding, anyway :)

Offline RUFFSTUFF

« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2017, 12:57:17 PM »
Finally got my Kawasaki Tourning seat today, haven't ridden it yet but I will later today. Had to deal with some hassles to get it, but it is here nonetheless.

Offline deltonian

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2017, 03:54:31 PM »
Finally got my Kawasaki Tourning seat today, haven't ridden it yet but I will later today. Had to deal with some hassles to get it, but it is here nonetheless.

Let us know what you think of the touring seat. I have a 2015 and was thinking of getting that in hopes it was softer than the stock one.

Offline mikeyw64

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2017, 02:51:47 AM »
my GF has told me that I am never to change the (stock) seat on my GTR
--
space reserved for humourous sig file

Offline Throttle 8

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2017, 06:40:33 PM »
I have the Kawi Touring Seat---it got me from Canada to Georgia and back last summer. I would not have been able to do the trip with the stock seat. It is a 1000% improvement over the stocker! You will not be disappointed.
2014 C14
2000 ZX12R Ninja

Offline Gixerhp

• The Lighting Guy,,,
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2017, 08:52:26 PM »
Let us know what you think of the touring seat. I have a 2015 and was thinking of getting that in hopes it was softer than the stock one.
If your bike is a 2015 you have the Touring seat!
No Replacement for Displacement
Bikes are my passion and my hobbie,,
If you need help, and are close,, PM me

Offline Snype

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2017, 11:51:18 PM »
Anyone use a Saddleman Gel channel seat?  It's the only seat I know that allows for those uncomfortable seams.

Snype