Author Topic: GUHL RE-FLASH (dealer discount)  (Read 21854 times)

Offline bombsquad1201

• Robots know blue is faster
Re: GUHL RE-FLASH (dealer discount)
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2013, 04:51:01 AM »
Howdy Everybody,

I just got my ECU back and been riding everyday since. I like the Guhl reflash, worked out great for me. I want to thank Lloyd aka riverszzr for a no hassle smooth transaction.
Thanks again.
J.

PS anyone on the fence needs to jump on this deal.

Offline Riverszzr

• Lloyd's Motorcycle Performance Center
« Reply #41 on: October 04, 2013, 09:20:11 AM »
So I see GUHL re=flash has become a popular topic once again...

Here is a bump for a continued effort on saving a few people some cash...

Offline Riverszzr

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2014, 08:56:00 AM »
 So here is a springtime bump for anyone interested...

Oh Canada has sent one this past week and it is on its way back, perhaps Jamey will chime in on how he likes it once the snow is gone and he gets some time to run it through its paces.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2014, 09:07:29 AM »
Thanks for the bump..
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #44 on: March 14, 2014, 01:33:26 PM »
So the ecu is password protected from the factory? The guy that owned this one didn't know someone had been inside his ecu? Any random ecu off ebay will work?

Hey gPink,

Yes they are password protected. Any ECU off Ebay will work, but keep in mind that if you install a different ECU in a C14, that it's not a plug-N-play deal like many other bikes...the "new" ECU has to be registered in the KiPass ECU by a Kawasaki dealer.

There are different C14 ECU's as well...so you have to pick the correct part number ECU for your model.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline JS_racer

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2014, 07:40:43 AM »
had mine re-flashed a few weeks back, but the weather blows goats so no miles yet. looking forward to trying it out though.

Offline Blackbike

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2014, 02:46:42 PM »
So here is a springtime bump for anyone interested...

Oh Canada has sent one this past week and it is on its way back, perhaps Jamey will chime in on how he likes it once the snow is gone and he gets some time to run it through its paces.

It's true, lots of snow and ice so no riding yet. I can't speak for the ECU Guhl re-flash part of it except to say that I don't think Don Guhl's warming charm will win anyone over. He seemed to know his stuff but was very short and didn't seem to have time for me...HOWEVER I don't really care becasue I'm not asking him to be anything but smart with motorcycles...I just wouldnt hire him as a walmart greeter  ::)

As for the outstanding communication and plesant expereince I've had with Lloyd (Riverszzr) I have nothing but good things to say!!
I don't think I need to talk about the Guhl re-flash due to so many folks already writing about it and how great it is but I want to say that Lloyd has been fantastic. Due to the fact that I live in a foreign country and for that reason FedEx and UPS want to charge me half a month salary to ship things I asked Lloyd if he would help me out. I've been very happy with his service and if anyone is still hessitant (he seemed to get a hard time at the beginning) then you need to believe me and just drop him a line.
Many thanks to Lloyd and all his help, seemless transitions between him and Guhl so if he saves anyone $50 and still provides great service then whats not to love??

Trust me, I'm Canadian...  8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2014, 04:37:20 AM »
It's true, lots of snow and ice so no riding yet. I can't speak for the ECU Guhl re-flash part of it except to say that I don't think Don Guhl's warming charm will win anyone over. He seemed to know his stuff but was very short and didn't seem to have time for me...HOWEVER I don't really care becasue I'm not asking him to be anything but smart with motorcycles...I just wouldnt hire him as a walmart greeter  ::)

As for the outstanding communication and plesant expereince I've had with Lloyd (Riverszzr) I have nothing but good things to say!!
I don't think I need to talk about the Guhl re-flash due to so many folks already writing about it and how great it is but I want to say that Lloyd has been fantastic. Due to the fact that I live in a foreign country and for that reason FedEx and UPS want to charge me half a month salary to ship things I asked Lloyd if he would help me out. I've been very happy with his service and if anyone is still hessitant (he seemed to get a hard time at the beginning) then you need to believe me and just drop him a line.
Many thanks to Lloyd and all his help, seemless transitions between him and Guhl so if he saves anyone $50 and still provides great service then whats not to love??

Trust me, I'm Canadian...  8)

Canada is a foreign country? Who knew?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #48 on: March 18, 2014, 04:43:48 AM »
Canada is a foreign country? Who knew?    ;)
Isn't that where geese live in the summer?

Offline Conrad

« Reply #49 on: March 18, 2014, 04:49:25 AM »

Yep, they have that good bacon there too.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Rembrant

• Arena
« Reply #50 on: March 18, 2014, 04:52:06 AM »

YES! We feed them maple syrup and back bacon all summer to fatten them up, then send them off to the southern States for the winter where they leave German Sheppard sized turds all over your beautiful city parks;). They are beautiful though, aren't they?...lol.
“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.” ~ Winston Churchill.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #51 on: March 18, 2014, 06:13:18 AM »
I hate geese of all nationalities.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline connie14boy

« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2014, 07:31:21 PM »
Canada, let's see...beer, bacon, hockey, geese, endless winter and that little talentless **** Bieber. Well, 3 out of 6 ain't bad, eh? But, Toronto is the best.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2014, 04:28:01 AM »
Canada, let's see...beer, bacon, hockey, geese, endless winter and that little talentless **** Bieber. Well, 3 out of 6 ain't bad, eh? But, Toronto is the best.

You forgot to put Rush in with the good stuff! 

Offline Aegir

• 2012 - Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2014, 08:25:15 AM »
You forgot to put Rush in with the good stuff!

:thumbs:  +1

Offline Riverszzr

« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »
Minnesota just got another dumping of snow and another week long helping of more cold, but Canada should soon have another properly running Connie as the ECU is on its way back.

Thanks Jamey, I hope your weather gets nice enough to ride it soon.

Now about those geese, hockey players and maple syrup. Well 1 out of three I enjoy shooting and 1 I enjoy on my waffles, the other I just don't give any thought.

Offline Riverszzr

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2014, 04:07:39 PM »
Is there a reason this thread can't just have a price for a reflash per bike? I have read so much on this, but the price. Just curious.

Yes there is.

Someone called up GUHL and bitched when I had the price in the original post.

I'll pm you the price

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2014, 04:42:45 PM »
Yes there is.

Someone called up GUHL and bitched when I had the price in the original post.

I'll pm you the price

LOL! That is not at all the response I expected to see when he asked the question.  But I guess it makes sense.  Distributors are usually not supposed to "advertise" pricing if it competes directly from the supplier (in cases where the manufacturer/supplier also sells directly).  I wonder if it was another Guhl reseller...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Riverszzr

« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2014, 12:46:01 PM »
 Bump for any more interest...

And since we are still getting cold and snow...a trip into the woods this morning was in order

Offline Conniesaki

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2014, 07:07:06 AM »
Can a ZX-14R ECU get in on this? If so, please let me know the price.