Author Topic: Baldwin GT for C-14  (Read 1642 times)

Offline wroman

• 2012 C14
Baldwin GT for C-14
« on: October 12, 2012, 09:18:05 PM »
  A few days ago I purchased a nearly new GT off a fellow forum member.  It was plain to me that after 100 miles it was not what I was looking for. MY bike is 3 weeks old and the stock seat is really not an option.  IN a effort to make the stock seat/riding position work I bought the handlebar wedges and lowering pegs form Murphs Kits.  I also bought a Shad SH50 and C14 mount and love that,  I can now do Pizza runs.
  I had the handlebar wedges on while testing the seat.  I will give my specifics so as to explain what probably was not working.  I am 5'9'' but have a 32" inseam.  So this means a short torso.  I am glad I decided to try the seat without the wedges because sans wedges for me is perfect.  I am puzzled how such small differences could have such a big impact on comfort and even reach to the ground.  The GT seat has a sweet spot that is slightly forward and slightly taller than stock that makes the stock peg position comfortable to me. CAn't wait to put some miles on.
  Next step is Throttlemeister, Aeroflow shield and RKA tankbag.
Walt

I always wanted to be somebody......I guess I should have been more specific.

Offline kawacop1642

Re: Baldwin GT for C-14
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 07:58:33 AM »
I have the GT seat as well and it didn't work so well with the risers for me either. So I decided to go all out and purchased the Heli Horizon ST bars. Man what a huge difference. This setup with the Baldwin seat is now like sitting in a lounge chair. I recently completed a 6,000 mile journey across the west coast with no problems. Overall, I am extremely pleased with this setup.

Mark...... 8)

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Baldwin GT for C-14
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 09:10:15 AM »
Loren can make any mods to the seat that you need, just let him know. I want my saddle to sit a bit further back, so i am shipping off to him this winter.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey