Author Topic: Anyone else running Pirelli Sport Demons on his/her C10?  (Read 3339 times)

Offline Charliedog

Anyone else running Pirelli Sport Demons on his/her C10?
« on: August 30, 2015, 07:28:37 PM »
The reason I ask is I just installed a set on my 2000, and the ride is rather lumpy at 45-50 mph.  It gets better at 55-60, but especially at 45 it feels like the rear tire is filled with cement.  I even broke it down, re-seated it and re-balanced it, no change.

I noticed the tires are four ply tread and sidewalls-the rear nylon and the front polyester.  Could that explain the really harsh ride?  TIA
CharlieDog
Bristol, TN

Offline Bob Young

Re: Anyone else running Pirelli Sport Demons on his/her C10?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2015, 11:25:29 PM »
I'm going to follow this thread as my '86 is due for a tire change. With the limited tire choices for the older c10's, the Sport Demons were tires I was considering.
Bob Young

Offline Engraverwilliam

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2015, 09:56:14 AM »
I run the Perellis. I haven't really noticed the bumpiness you describe. They DO sometimes grab a rain grooves on the freeway. Not constant just sometimes out of the blue. Enough to wake you up. They hang nice going on the On-ramps. (The only twisties I get unfortunately)
William Evans
2001 Kawasaki zg1000 Concours - Age 45 , Los Angeles, CA

Offline DeansZG

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2015, 04:49:52 PM »
  Never noticed the lumpiness..although it was '07 when I had one as a rear rim protector, so memory may fail me for ride smoothness...
 That said, I did notice a little sidewall flexing when pushed hard in the fast sweepers transitioning from left to right & vice-versa....
 The tire was grippy enough that I almost scraped the bags ::) hustling along WVa Rt20 on the return trip from the National at Canaan that year. IIRC, the tire lasted around 9.5k miles too!
'99 C10 "MissTriss" *sold*
'04 ZZR1200 "Sweet heart" *sold*
'81 GL1100 Interstate "Puttz"*sold*
'00 K12LT..."Battleship Galactica".....

Offline Furbo

• Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 05:55:25 AM »
I ran a set of them a couple years back. No drama, good tire. Just like the Avon offerings much better.
05 C-10
Eccl: 9: 7-10

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 06:46:02 AM »
Why not find an old used  mean streak rear wheel and do the conversion. The tire choices are fantastic and the handling is greatly improved. Such a a low cost upgrade and easy to do with massive benefits.
PR4GT's are perfect for the rear on this bike and you get good tread wear and massive grip too.
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline 2fast

• COG #6497, North Central Area Director
    • C-10 Heat Shield photos
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »
I've run the Sport Demons. No lumps for me, they handled just fine. They wear out in 5K just like every other tire that has decent grip and handling.
Brian in Minnesota
Red hair and black leather, my favorite color scheme. Richard Thompson

Need Heat Shields for the C-10? 86-93 Front Brake upgrade brackets?  I got em! Click the little green globe under my Avatar on the left.