Author Topic: How to handle a disrespectful teen.  (Read 2725 times)

Offline Gsun

How to handle a disrespectful teen.
« on: February 17, 2012, 08:07:01 PM »
Was going to post in the funny pages but , really, it's not that funny.

Facebook Parenting: For the troubled teen.

Son of Pappy

Re: How to handle a disrespectful teen.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:35:39 PM »
He's gonna be labled and not in a nice way.  I say nicely done ;D

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2012, 08:18:31 AM »
That is just great.  I am just glad to see that some parents still have the balls to do things like that.  I am the same way with my kids.

Offline r2t2

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »
He's gonna be labled and not in a nice way.  I say nicely done ;D

Just by the vocal PC minority... The Today Show put the video up and was polling people on it's Facebook page. Last I hear was that 73% of the responses were positive. I say good for him. Of course Dr. Phil and Dr Nancy Snyderman (she was APPALLED) disagree... Which proved that he did the right thing.  ;D
RayK
'08 C14
'06 BMW M3
'01 BMW 330i

Offline Boomer343

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 07:51:29 PM »
This family had problems long before the Face Book posting by the daughter or the fathers reponse.

If he is surprised and dissapointed he has either been in denial or just plain oblivious.

The acorn don't fall far from the tree.

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 10:15:03 PM »
  He lost control long before this episode with his daughter. He is almost as bad as her. He puts it on YouTube. Your problems with you family don't belong there!!
  One thing I learned was don't ever make threats. Only promises you can keep and then keep them. A friend of mine told his son to get his hair cut shorter or he was going to sell all his electronics in his room. He told me he was glad his son got his hair cut. He said, " I would have hated to sell all that stuff!" Promises that you keep!!
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc

Offline zsiska

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2012, 04:22:27 AM »
I agree there was problems prior to this man doing this, but who knows who's fault or who, if anybody, had tried remedying the situation prior to this. 

I know that with my kids, eventhough they are only 4 and 5, they learn quite quickly that I mean business.  They are young and I realize that, but I also know that if they are not diciplined now, it will be tougher as they get older.  My biggest thing was picking up after your self.  Our formal living room is our kids toy room, but they would leave it a mess and then drag toys through out the rest of the house and leave them all over.  So I started telling them that whatever wasn't picked up when they went to bed, it would not be there when they woke up.  It took about a week of me getting rid of their things before they realized I was serious.  And as far as cleaning up their toy room, I would bring in a kitchen size trash can and place it in the room.  They woudl be told they had an hour or so to clean up and that whatever was still sitting on the floor went in the can and to the dump.  I now have no problems at all when I tell them to clean up.

Offline Mettler1

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2012, 11:15:25 AM »
I agree there was problems prior to this man doing this, but who knows who's fault or who, if anybody, had tried remedying the situation prior to this. 

I know that with my kids, eventhough they are only 4 and 5, they learn quite quickly that I mean business.  They are young and I realize that, but I also know that if they are not diciplined now, it will be tougher as they get older.  My biggest thing was picking up after your self.  Our formal living room is our kids toy room, but they would leave it a mess and then drag toys through out the rest of the house and leave them all over.  So I started telling them that whatever wasn't picked up when they went to bed, it would not be there when they woke up.  It took about a week of me getting rid of their things before they realized I was serious.  And as far as cleaning up their toy room, I would bring in a kitchen size trash can and place it in the room.  They woudl be told they had an hour or so to clean up and that whatever was still sitting on the floor went in the can and to the dump.  I now have no problems at all when I tell them to clean up.
   Nicely done!!  Kids learn real quick the difference between a threat and a promise!!
'94 Concours 112,000 miles-- 7th gear,2MM,KB fork brace,Over flowtubes,Stick coils,Tcro shifter,GPS,Torque cams,SPOOKFAK,block off plates, SS brake & clutch lines,KB risers, FENDA EXTENDA, emulators,etc