Author Topic: Better pay your dues  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Cuda

Better pay your dues
« on: December 16, 2021, 05:29:36 PM »
The COG site is so S L O W it's hard to sit and wait so long to load and I have a quick service?

So they must be running out of money ... pay up
Old and SLOW                   COG 11405
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Better pay your dues
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2021, 05:54:57 PM »
Never been there.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline FTB530

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2021, 06:45:37 PM »
I have no problem getting on the COG site at all .

Offline Cuda

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2021, 06:53:52 PM »
They have nice get togethers in general, I enjoy the track day they put together in Feb, It's a great way to beat the chit out our bikes safely, I'll post a link anyone can join in you don't have to belong to attend, you ride on a motorcycle only track at the Fl. Georgia boarder, no trees or guard rails to hit ;)   

https://forum.concours.org/index.php?threads/6th-annual-sport-touring-school-february-19th-2022.54167/#post-649700
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline Cuda

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2021, 06:55:59 PM »
I have no problem getting on the COG site at all .

It takes me for ever to load?

Maybe since I didn't pay my dues I'm in the dog house. 
Gods waiting room Naples
2011 Atomic  Silver

Offline greenie

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2021, 05:20:34 AM »
The COG forum works fine for me.

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2021, 12:17:07 AM »
I haven't been there in several months and don't intend to go back, after reading a bizarre bunch of diatribes of clearly political nature.  Called them out on it, and basically told them they could take my COG membership and stuff it.  My post was deleted in a few seconds, perhaps this one will be also.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2021, 06:07:40 AM »
I haven't been there in several months and don't intend to go back, after reading a bizarre bunch of diatribes of clearly political nature.  Called them out on it, and basically told them they could take my COG membership and stuff it.  My post was deleted in a few seconds, perhaps this one will be also.

Nosmo,  I go there almost every day, what were the threads "of clearly political nature" about?  I don't believe there are any going on now.
2014 ZG1400 Concours COG memb# 8645

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2021, 08:04:26 AM »
My post was deleted in a few seconds, perhaps this one will be also.

I don't think so....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline FTB530

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2021, 10:15:05 AM »
No one forces me to read anybpost on any of the forums i scroll trough, if political post dont interst you scroll on, i have no interest in which flash is better , but i read them for laughs.😂

Offline Daytona_Mike

• Arena
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2021, 05:36:04 PM »
COG website has been slow  for a while now.. about a month or more.  It used to be very fast... now.. its SLOOOWWWW...  and I have very fast internet  ISP's
If you still have fuel in the tank, you are not lost yet
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

Offline lather

• Arena
  • And I think my spaceship knows which way to go...
    • Louisiana Chapter MSTA
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2021, 05:54:30 PM »
COG website has been slow  for a while now.. about a month or more.  It used to be very fast... now.. its SLOOOWWWW...  and I have very fast internet  ISP's
COG has several officer openings posted, including IT Tech.
Nothing worse than having your balls go missing.

Offline cra-z1000

« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2021, 08:28:03 PM »
No one forces me to read anybpost on any of the forums i scroll trough, if political post dont interst you scroll on, i have no interest in which flash is better , but i read them for laughs.😂

It was nice to go somewhere online where that crap did not appear at all though . The whole worshiping political parties and figures thing really makes anyone who doesn't do that feel like they are surrounded by clowns 🤡

Offline Nosmo

• "We're all in this together." - Red Green
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2021, 09:52:51 PM »
Nosmo,  I go there almost every day, what were the threads "of clearly political nature" about?  I don't believe there are any going on now.

Covid, which I think is a prohibited topic here also, as it is on some other forums I belong to.  But, there are other issues, folks there I just don't "cotton to" as they say.  Heck I only come here a few times a year anyway. 

Motorcycling has really dropped of for me due to other life issues.  I rode the Connie and the Wee-Strom each ONE TIME since October 2020.  Plus, this site is still free, and I had to pay those aforementioned dues and rejoin COG (which I DID) to be able to participate fully.  I changed my mind and will just let it go now.
A life undreamed is a waste.  A dream unlived is a sin.

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2021, 05:44:32 AM »
Covid should NEVER have been a political topic ... It's a medical topic.

It's a topic we all should be discussing with each other in a civilized manner.  Just like when we have a problem with our bikes, we post the problem and everyone collectively tries to figure out what's wrong and come up with ways to fix it.

No one has all the answers, so when someone makes a suggestion, they should not be shouted down by the people who "claim" to know it all!

If it's as deadly as "they" say, then no options should be left off the table. No treatments should be suppressed by "Big Tech".  Hell, there were, for a while, 2 words you could not say on social media without getting banned or kicked off just for typing them.

Covid is only political because it has been politized as a weapon to be used against people who might think differently than other people.

Covid IS a medical issue, a health issue that we should all be trying to figure out how to get through TOGETHER!

Offline greenie

• Arena
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2021, 11:12:29 AM »
Full agreement here - Covid was viewed politically only by those who wished to make it political. Covid affected our lives and our sport - it still does almost two years later. Discussing Covid shouldn't anger anyone unless they already had a hair across their ass. But anger it did, and apparently still does.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2021, 04:30:38 PM »
Full agreement here - Covid was viewed politically only by those who wished to make it political. Covid affected our lives and our sport - it still does almost two years later. Discussing Covid shouldn't anger anyone unless they already had a hair across their ass. But anger it did, and apparently still does.

I think most of the anger stems from when people want to force their "solutions" on others' bodies and/or lives.  I absolutely understand that part.  It angers those who face resistance and rejection to their wanted directives, and it angers those who don't want such directives or to comply with them.  There are other issues too, but I think that is the peak.  I would be shocked if there was NOT anger.

It still doesn't excuse non-rational discussion, though.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline chi-gpz1100

« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2021, 11:23:04 PM »
This was on the local news site - one I typically avoid because i don't believe they report "news".

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/as-suburban-family-continues-legal-battle-for-ivermectin-mother-dies-in-icu-father-remains-on-ventilator/

If a person is on their deathbed already, family willing to sign away any waivers, what's the harm??

Offline turbojoe78

• Arena
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2021, 05:07:38 AM »
This was on the local news site - one I typically avoid because i don't believe they report "news".

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/as-suburban-family-continues-legal-battle-for-ivermectin-mother-dies-in-icu-father-remains-on-ventilator/

If a person is on their deathbed already, family willing to sign away any waivers, what's the harm??

The harm is ... it just might work.  No big payouts for hospital from government.  No big payouts to big pharma.  Deaths go down and MSM looses it's fear narrative.  And last but not least ... a certain president said it might work.

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2021, 05:57:18 AM »
Careful now....  I believe the subject is 'Better pay your dues' regarding COG.  Let's keep it on that please.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.