Author Topic: Does your pipe increase or decrease your mileage  (Read 4024 times)

Offline RadarTF

Does your pipe increase or decrease your mileage
« on: June 03, 2011, 04:17:20 PM »
I am still one of the few who has yet to change my pipe.  Still waivering between the CS-one and the Remus.  But was wondering what riders are getting as far as mileage difference when you add an aftermarket pipe.  Since I do ride a lot of long distance rides, mileage and range are always a concern to me.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Re: Does your pipe increase or decrease your mileage
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 04:28:33 PM »
The CS one is the last exhaust choice I would consider, but the Remus is a nice choice. 2 Brothers, Area P, Leo Vince, Holeshot Performance, and Muzzy are all most excellent choices. I have noticed no change in  gas mileage "Area P" matter of fact I usually average in the low to mid 40's no matter how I ride.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 06:03:29 PM »
interested in the input this thread will deliver.  shouldnt be that different but it might change slightly.
i think these bikes are a little fat from factory right??

Offline justbob

• crashin' sucks
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 07:59:36 PM »
I bought a V&H CS-1 and didnt like it, didnt like the build quality or the sound. I sold it and bought a Leo Vince that I am totally pleased with. I didnt notice any fuel mileage difference with either muffler.
2010 C-14
2012 Yamaha Super Tenere

Offline metzgerf16

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 08:45:48 PM »
I did a flyectomy, high flow filter, and PC-V at the same time as replacing the stock exhaust with an Area P kit, so it's hard to say if any one component made a difference in mpg's.  If you maintain the same riding style with the aftermarket pipe, you should get at least a slight gain.
"You serious, Clark?"
'09 Red Concours- Sargent seat, Area-P exhaust, BMC filter, PC-V, flies out, PR2's, Murph's risers
'06 Ninja zx10r- Dear tiny baby Jesus, it's fast!

Offline Pynikal

• From power cruiser to power tourer.
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 09:05:01 PM »
after hearing JDs pipe shortened and gutted i think that i my just go that way and paint the end caps black.  sounded real good. ;D

Offline COGnosticat0r

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2011, 03:55:26 AM »
I don't think adding an aftermarket pipe will directly have and adverse effect on your mileage.  It can cause your right hand to have and adverse effect though  :P

I have a muzzy slipon and a couple weeks ago on a ride with my wife I was getting 47 mpg, blew my mind because I usually only get 38 to 40 when I ride with the "boys"  This was riding 70 mph on a 4 lane too.  I have gotten as low as 35 in the twisties.
Jerry Holland
COG 4478
2013 C14
"Man, you were haulin' ass the other day when I passed you"

Offline RadarTF

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2011, 02:05:50 PM »
I bought a V&H CS-1 and didnt like it, didnt like the build quality or the sound. I sold it and bought a Leo Vince that I am totally pleased with. I didnt notice any fuel mileage difference with either muffler.

Curious what the CS One issues were.

Offline Corpssgt

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
Both when I had the two brothers duals and the slip on two brothers my mpg went down.  Well at least for a few weeks man this bike sounds good with a pipe.  No real difference after getting used to hearing it though.

Offline Jiffy Bumpit

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2011, 03:35:22 PM »
I just installed the two brothers slip on and my mileage went up. I'm new to the forum and the concours. I've put about 1100 miles on my 2009. I just put the exhaust on and my most recent fillup I got 44mpg. Where I was averaging 38-40mpg.

Offline Mi 14

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
I guess my right wrist is rather large. No flies, filter, PCV, full "P", 33mpg. average.

Offline Afm252

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2011, 07:18:59 AM »
No difference with a TB slip-on. Small degradation in the beginning when I had to feel and listen to appreciate the change in sound! ;D Still averaging between 39-42 in daily commuting.
Mike T
09 C14 "Turtle"
07 CBR 600rr Blue/ Silver
98 CBR 600 F3 "Desert Storm"

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2011, 10:53:57 AM »
I think my right hand has more to do with my mileage than anything.......