Author Topic: Seriously Saddleman? I mean...Seriously?  (Read 2370 times)

Offline Flienlow

• 2010 C-14 BLUE
Seriously Saddleman? I mean...Seriously?
« on: April 26, 2013, 06:55:36 PM »
I just got my new Saddlemen Stealth Seat K08-13-090 Seat. It Looks great. Fitment was great too.

THE SEAT IS HARDER THAN CHINESE CALCULUS !!

It's like sitting on a leather wrapped board. Will this seat break in? Will my butt get used to it like it did for my road bike? Or should I get rid of this thing? The Stock seat is like sitting a tempurpedic compared to this.

Offline Broz

Re: Seriously Saddleman? I mean...Seriously?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 08:31:05 AM »
I don't have a Saddleman but the Corbin is pretty firm. I really like the fit though.  After 200 miles I needed a little relief.  I recently  bought the Airhawk R. Wow it is a game changer. 380 miles no problem. It was $143.50 and free shipping and worth every penny. 

I'm with you though, you would think a little pad would improve a good designs. Makes me wonder is it cost or would the proper density foam shorten the durable life of the seat?  I doubt it. Probably a money issue.

I do think you will get used to it like a bicycle seat. Unfortunately that takes time and depends on how frequently and how much time you are able to spend in the saddle.
Semper Fi
Broz
2012 C-14.  Black

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 01:26:07 PM »
the firmer the better for long trips or track days.  gel is worst
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline katata1100

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 04:12:28 PM »
The Corbin on my katana is hard, the Sargent on my C14 is also harder than stock. The reason why they are more comfy is that they have more area to distribute your weight and give more support.
Give it time and you'll see. My stock seat feels soft and comfy, for maybe 30 minutes.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2013, 04:19:44 PM »
You will be glad for the firmness and when it breaks in for your butt.  8)
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2013, 04:23:10 PM »
Can't say about the Saddleman but I have a Corbin which is also pretty firm. But I love it. The foam in the Corbin is firm but it molds to you as you ride. Best seat for long distance IMHO.