Author Topic: External speakers  (Read 8296 times)

Offline Scaffolder

Re: External speakers
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2013, 01:10:51 PM »
I use Senneheiser MM200. I love them. I am on my second set and I still have another set new in the box when these are dead. These pair up easily and really crank. I run them just a hair over 50%. I could use them at 100%, but I would go deaf and get headaches on long trips. These are in ear bud style (noise cancelling). They are very hard to find now that they are discontinued, but there are still a few sets out there.
SENNHEISER MM200 BLUETOOTH STEREO HEADSET REVIEW
Joel from Maine.

Offline OCK913

• Arena
    • The Orlando Riders Club
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2013, 02:45:02 PM »
My bike came with a Jensen Radio and speakers. They were not installed. I propted them on the bike last nigth and of course it sounds ok in the garage. It going down the road that I know will be the challenge.

There is a C14 for sale right now that has a Jensen radio and 80watt speakers. You can email him and ask him how it sounded.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=13339.msg164187#msg164187
            2009 Kawasaki C14 - Black

Offline lonekazoo

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2013, 09:30:54 PM »
I would have never felt the need to ride with external speakers, until my I took my brother's BMW R1200RT on a trip of several hundred miles to relocate it for him.  I have a pair of Sena's that I use and love (they sound great), but it was nice listening that way, especially when parked under a shade tree to eat lunch.  The other nice thing is that when I'm on a ride with my brother, he tends to keep the Sena's going all the time, he's pretty talkative.  In my case, I can't listen to music, but he still can.

If someone found a nice set of high-power, waterproof speakers and amp that would all fit under the fairing, I'd consider doing it.  There is a youtube video of a kid who shows his install on a C14, but I don't like the speakers he's using.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2013, 12:25:47 AM »
I would have never felt the need to ride with external speakers, until my I took my brother's BMW R1200RT on a trip of several hundred miles to relocate it for him.  I have a pair of Sena's that I use and love (they sound great), but it was nice listening that way, especially when parked under a shade tree to eat lunch.  The other nice thing is that when I'm on a ride with my brother, he tends to keep the Sena's going all the time, he's pretty talkative.  In my case, I can't listen to music, but he still can.

If someone found a nice set of high-power, waterproof speakers and amp that would all fit under the fairing, I'd consider doing it.  There is a youtube video of a kid who shows his install on a C14, but I don't like the speakers he's using.

I know that feeling with a friend I ride with. I love the Sena intercom when coordinating where were going or comment on something interesting but when it becomes a constant stream of talk it defeats the whole reason I'm on the bike.