Author Topic: Rosta CC Wiring Question  (Read 2737 times)

Offline MrFurious

Rosta CC Wiring Question
« on: March 21, 2012, 02:45:26 PM »
Quick question on the wiring for the Rosta CC switch.

Rosta has the following 4 wires on a Molex style connector that is part of the main harness:

Yellow
Green
Red w/Brown
Red

The solid red is clearly the power wire as it has a 4amp fuse inline.  There is also the two wire connector for the LED (Lt. Blue and Black wires).

The switch Murph's sells (CCS-100) has four loose wires:

Yellow
Green
Brown
Red

...and two more wires on a separate connector that I"m assuming are for the LED: 

Black
Gray

My question pertains to matching up the 4 wires from the Rosta harness to the 4 wires from the switch.  My guess is that it goes like this, but I'd rather know for certain rather than risk it.

Yellow to Yellow
Green to Green
Red w/Brown to Brown
Red to Red (power)

Lt. Blue to Gray (LED power)
Black to Black (LED ground)

Can someone verify that's correct so I can finish this up tonight?  I don't want to leave my poor bike looking like this all night. 

Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline jqram35

• 2012 C-14 Candy Arabian Red
Re: Rosta CC Wiring Question
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 04:03:14 PM »
That is correct had the same issue I posted yesterday. See the wiring diagram in the troubleshooting section...
Jeff

Offline jqram35

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 04:03:54 PM »
Jeff

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 08:21:06 PM »
Praise thy Lord!

The little diagnostic LED has informed me that my install has passed with flying colors (or flashes) and nothing fizzled, sizzled, smoked or zapped in the process.  Always a good feeling when that happens...especially if I'm the one working on it.
Jim B.
COG #9642

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2012, 02:07:40 PM »
Test ride went without incident, and as Jackie Gleason used to say... "How sweeeeeet it is!"   ;D  I did have to notch the bottom lip on my left middle fairing a little to clear the cable bracket so the rear bolt would line up without a fuss, but that was quick work with the dremel.  Bracket is mounted on the rear frame brace bolt the same as shown in one of the photo's in the instruction on Murph's site.

One thing I did notice though is that there seems to be a couple seconds before the CC actually kicks in.  I.e.  get up to speed, hit the button and let off the throttle, speed drops about 5mph then it kicks in and brings it back up to speed.  Kind of reminds me of the old GM cruise control (1980's) in that regard.  On the other hand I was happy to find that the CC didn't have that herky-jerky throttle actuation to it like the old GM's did, but rather has a nice smooth roll-on. 
Jim B.
COG #9642

Offline jqram35

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2012, 10:28:11 AM »
Having trouble finding the clutch wire connection. No black connector and not black wire with white stripes...
Jeff

Offline jqram35

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2012, 11:05:00 AM »
Found the other thread and the wire but I am getting any difference on that wire when clutch is pulled...
Jeff

Offline MrFurious

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2012, 11:06:22 AM »
Not sure if it changed on the 2010+ bikes, but on the 08/09 models it's under the left inner fairing cover.  There's a big black rubber boot that you fold back to find a black connector, gray connector, and your front accessory output leads.
Jim B.
COG #9642

Offline jqram35

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 11:07:50 AM »
it did change cause it is a white connector...No black one..
Jeff