Author Topic: Switching phones, I need to figure out how to mount it to my TechMount  (Read 2676 times)

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
I am going from my iPhone to a either an HTC Merge or an LG Genesis.  I am sick of AT&T and their pi$$ poor customer service so I am switching back to US Cellular since they put customer satisfaction much higher than AT&T.  Anyway, I currently have an iPhone cradle mounted to my TechMount on my C14 and would like to find an exact fit cradle for either of the droid phones that I listed.  I can't find anything, does anyone have one of these phones and can you point me in the right direction?  I would like to avoid using the generic mount with the movable arms but if that is my only choice then I guess I will be stuck. 
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
i'm not familiar but this site may help you, for my EVO I've been using their universal mount with a RAM and its the best mount I've ever had:
http://www.mountguys.com/

“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jamiemac

Been researching the same thing Myself. Looks like Ram Mounts has the largest selection of exact fir phone mounts. The still don't make anything for mine though. They also have a universal device holder that has adjustable fingers for holding phones, gps, & other similar sized stuff.
http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-plastic-universal-finger-grip-clamping-cradle.html

You will have to look at then to see if they will work with a Techmount. No experience with them.
2008 C14, Area-P carbon fiber, PCV, Rostra Cruise, LAAM leather seat, Optilux 1500 & MondoMoto MM10 lights, Cee Bailey windshield, BMC air filter, Warm & Safe dual dash mounted heat troller.

Offline Jeremy Mitchell

• COG#9899
Tech mount makes a couple generic adjustable mounts, but I haven't seen any for the phones I am looking at.  I will probably just end up using the generic mount, oh well I get to upgrade every 10 months with US Cellular so I guess a generic mount will work out better anyway.  Now I just need to wire up a rigged power source like SteveWFL.
Keeping the economy going, one tank of fuel and two tires at a time.

Offline wildnphx

• Arena
I have a tech mount and had a Droid x and now a Droid Charge and I just use the Verizon Car dock and then mount it to the Tech mount.  Worked great... In fact I have the Droid x dock that I need to list for sale since it is collecting dust.

Let me know if you want some pics....

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
I have a tech mount and had a Droid x and now a Droid Charge and I just use the Verizon Car dock and then mount it to the Tech mount.  Worked great... In fact I have the Droid x dock that I need to list for sale since it is collecting dust.

Let me know if you want some pics....

how much for the driod x mount?  I really need the phone holder.

Offline OregonLAN

IMHO, "universal" mounts are the only way to go. Not only do they work with most phones, they also work with aftermarket/protective cases and/or extended batteries. Mounts that are specifically designed for phones only work with plain/unprotected phones.

Offline Conrad

I am going from my iPhone to a either an HTC Merge or an LG Genesis.  I am sick of AT&T and their pi$$ poor customer service so I am switching back to US Cellular since they put customer satisfaction much higher than AT&T.  Anyway, I currently have an iPhone cradle mounted to my TechMount on my C14 and would like to find an exact fit cradle for either of the droid phones that I listed.  I can't find anything, does anyone have one of these phones and can you point me in the right direction?  I would like to avoid using the generic mount with the movable arms but if that is my only choice then I guess I will be stuck.

Send RAM Mounts an e-mail and ask them what they have for the two phones you're looking at.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn