Author Topic: ZG's full Ohlins setup and powder coat project  (Read 66791 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: ZG's full Ohlins setup and powder coat project
« Reply #120 on: August 31, 2012, 11:18:05 PM »
Not to shaby for a black bike, if I do say so myself ::)

;) :grouphug:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #121 on: August 31, 2012, 11:21:09 PM »
Is that Black And Gold - UCF Remix of Wiz Khalifa's "Black and Yellow" bike of yours done yet? Stacey is suppose to do my recall work today.

8) 8) 8)

Love it Gumbi, thanks bro! Black and gold, black and gold... now I'm gonna have that stuck in my head the rest of the night...  :chugbeer:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2012, 04:15:27 AM »
I guess it turned out aight, for a black bike that is.    :thumbs:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2012, 06:10:52 AM »
Don't forget to rewrite your insurance policy. Seriously.

Offline OregonLAN

« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2012, 09:25:04 AM »
When you run out of things to do, get yourself a 1600GT and start over again...

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2012, 09:28:49 AM »
Don't forget to rewrite your insurance policy. Seriously.

Yep, I did it yesterday GP, I switched over to Progressive and added an additional $15k worth of accesories coverage, it only raised my premium $50 a year!  :o

Thanks again to Loren for bringing this suggestion up, very nice indeed!  :thumbs: :grouphug:

Offline CADMAN97

• 2010 C14 ABS
« Reply #126 on: September 01, 2012, 01:35:27 PM »
Great lookin Bike ZG!! Would love to take er for a spin, and try out the new sus  ;D

Does Ohlins give recommendations on setup based on rider weight, luggage and passenger?? Or did you just dial it in based on your own feel/liking?

Again....sweet setup!!
1998 Honda Magna--->Sold | 2003 Yamaha FZ1--->Sold | 2003 Honda VFR800--->Sold | 2010 Honda VFR1200--->Sold | Kawasaki C14--->SOLD | 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 1000--->Current | 2014 Yamaha FJR 1300ES--->Current

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #127 on: September 01, 2012, 04:37:22 PM »
Great lookin Bike ZG!! Would love to take er for a spin, and try out the new sus  ;D

Does Ohlins give recommendations on setup based on rider weight, luggage and passenger?? Or did you just dial it in based on your own feel/liking?

Again....sweet setup!!

Thanks CM!  :chugbeer:

They ask for your weight (and how often do you ride 2up etc) and then they spring them for you. I then had the sag set with me on the bike to get it even better after install. I did about 100 miles on it today and it felt amazing!!  :)  I'll keep running it as it is currently setup for awhile before making any other adjustments to the Ohlins, but yes you can tweak it to your liking all you want.

Offline Big D

« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2012, 12:25:35 PM »
OK so I manged to run into ZG at the shop in Hillsborough yesterday. Just want to say pictures to NOT do what he has had done to his bike justice. You might say the devil is in the details.. well the devil took this bike for a spin and brought it back just looking evil mean and nasty.

Oddly when I offered to trade him strati across for my, pretty much stock, 2010 he declined.. DAMN!!
*An optimist sees the glass half full.
A pessimist sees the glass half empty.
An auditor wonders why you are using a glass
twice as big as you need.*

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #129 on: September 02, 2012, 12:30:18 PM »
The virus strikes again...
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #130 on: September 02, 2012, 12:46:34 PM »
OK so I manged to run into ZG at the shop in Hillsborough yesterday. Just want to say pictures to NOT do what he has had done to his bike justice. You might say the devil is in the details.. well the devil took this bike for a spin and brought it back just looking evil mean and nasty.

Oddly when I offered to trade him strati across for my, pretty much stock, 2010 he declined.. DAMN!!

;D ;D ;D

Was nice meeting you yesterday D, glad you found us here, welcome to the forum brutha!  :chugbeer:

The virus strikes again...

:rotflmao: :thumbs: :grouphug: :chugbeer:

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #131 on: September 02, 2012, 04:01:14 PM »
Jay, how are the adjustments on the forks?  I always loved GOOD rear shocks since the adjustments actually do something instead of just spinning around and sort-of working.   I can only imagine how it might be to do the same with a set of forks.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #132 on: September 02, 2012, 06:29:52 PM »
Jay, how are the adjustments on the forks?  I always loved GOOD rear shocks since the adjustments actually do something instead of just spinning around and sort-of working.   I can only imagine how it might be to do the same with a set of forks.

The forks are awesome RC! I had them adjust the rebound and they are perfect for me, real smooth with great feel!  :thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #133 on: September 03, 2012, 12:12:56 AM »
Well Jay, it looks great (of course), but I think you missed a spot.  :)

No really, what's that big shiny area between the calipers and the forks?  Maybe a little rattle can will fix that up?  ;)

Well now you need to stop farkling it, and just ride it.  Let me know when you plan on doing that, as I'm on vacation and looking for excuses to ride more.

Dave, glad to see you found your way back.  It's been awhile!
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #134 on: September 03, 2012, 09:35:26 AM »
Well Jay, it looks great (of course)

Well now you need to stop farkling it, and just ride it.  Let me know when you plan on doing that, as I'm on vacation and looking for excuses to ride more.

Thanks Rob, will do brutha, I agree it's been too long since you me and Gumbi got together, we need to hook up before the PNW weather starts to change back...

Offline luther163

« Reply #135 on: September 04, 2012, 01:13:07 AM »
She's all done!!! Turned out even better than I invisioned!  :thumbs:

ZG,  I see you have a lot of change on the bike. It is so crazy. How come did you do?  Good job, Man.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #136 on: September 04, 2012, 09:44:37 AM »
ZG,  I see you have a lot of change on the bike. It is so crazy. How come did you do?  Good job, Man.

Thanks L.  :chugbeer:

As for why the reason I made changes, well.... I just like making good things better, plus I'm a little sick in the head and get bored easily, spending $ on my bikes help's keep me from buying more bikes...  :loco: ;) ;D

Offline Conrad

« Reply #137 on: September 04, 2012, 09:48:58 AM »

Thanks L.  :chugbeer:

As for why the reason I made changes, well.... I just like making good things better, plus I'm a little sick in the head and get bored easily, spending $ on my bikes help's keep me from buying more bikes...  :loco: ;) ;D

The Doctor feels that you are making good progress J. He suggests that you continue with your treatment by spending money on Conrad's bike.

[smg id=369]
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #138 on: September 04, 2012, 10:29:20 AM »
The Doctor feels that you are making good progress J. He suggests that you continue with your treatment by spending money on Conrad's bike.

Well... Not JUST Conrad's.

ZG... did you estimate what you spent on the fork/shock work including shop time (not including the powdercoat (tho I am curious)? For those who are planning to rob a bank win the lottery, it'd be good to know how big the ballpark is. Generalities and/or rounding up are fine (or PM me).
2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #139 on: September 04, 2012, 11:56:55 AM »

[smg id=369]

:rotflmao: :chugbeer:

Well... Not JUST Conrad's.

ZG... did you estimate what you spent on the fork/shock work including shop time (not including the powdercoat (tho I am curious)? For those who are planning to rob a bank win the lottery, it'd be good to know how big the ballpark is. Generalities and/or rounding up are fine (or PM me).

Just under $6500 for parts, labor, and powdercoat...