Author Topic: Pilot Rds...best keep getting BETTER!  (Read 15652 times)

Offline ZG

• Arena
Re: Pilot Rds...best keep getting BETTER!
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2013, 06:47:58 PM »
Wow, we don't have them yet...you have to be one of the or the first in the country to get a pair. Congrats!  :thumbs: 
Let us know what you think of them.

+1...  :popcorn:

Offline Warbird

« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2013, 11:37:23 AM »
What have you guy's been paying for your PR3's?

:)
I'd Rather Be Roadracing.

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2013, 12:24:30 PM »
What have you guy's been paying for your PR3's?

:)

I've found the cheapest here, free shipping no tax and delivered to my tire man's shop

jakewilson.com
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Stephen.G.Fiddes

• They don't call me crash for nothing...
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2013, 08:41:38 AM »

Sounds like retail $ is just under $600 for a set, I have a special discount and ordered my set for $400...  :)

Ouch... Hopefully the shop calls me back with something less than $600 today... If not, they have a set of PR3's upstairs that I'll be buying... My pockets aren't THAT deep yet... Really can't afford new tires right now, but after 900 miles the stockers are just getting scarier and scarier... I'd rather spend $300 on new tires than have the sh1tty stock tires chuck me off the bike!
2013 Kawasaki Concours 14 - CURRENT
2012 Yamaha V-Star 250 - WIFE'S
2006 Kawasaki Ninja 650R - SOLD
1982 Honda CM450E - SOLD

Offline wingrider

« Reply #44 on: December 31, 2013, 12:05:35 PM »
I have put a couple hundred miles on the PR4s and I like them. It has been all riding back and forth to work as conditions at home don't allow much other riding at this time. One day was raining so I got to try them in wet conditions. I think they are at least as good as the PR3s on  dry roads and better in the rain. They are quieter and I think smoother. On a side note I had 90 degree valve stems installed with Doran pressure sensors screwed on externally and they are holding air pressure much longer before dropping. Three weeks and have dropped two pounds. As I am not an agressive rider I will be interested in what others think of them in the mountains. I will also be interested to see if I get better milage with the GT on the back as I had 12,700 on my PR3s. I would like to thank those who reported that going to a 55 on the back made for better handling as it has made a world of difference.