Author Topic: Amp location in my truck  (Read 2147 times)

Offline Awaz

• Arena
Amp location in my truck
« on: February 06, 2015, 06:00:33 PM »
Putting a sub in my truck - 2004 FX4. Trying to find a good place to put the amp (it is an Alpine MVR500). Looks like under the dash on the driver's side is a good spot - behind the pedals, more to the left corner. It is far enough away from the pedals. My only worry is whether the heat from the heater will cause issue. I will have to fashion something to secure it to that location. Thought? Opinions?

Custom built the box - pics attached.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
Re: Amp location in my truck
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 06:08:09 PM »
Not under the seat because...........?
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 06:18:00 PM »
Wire routing... will have to drill a whole hole to get the wires from battery to it. Just do not want to drill a hole if I can avoid it.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 03:06:35 PM »
Wire routing... will have to drill a whole hole to get the wires from battery to it. Just do not want to drill a hole if I can avoid it.

come in through the firewall with the wire, then under the carpet to the amp location under the seat. Cut 1/4" slit in carpet for wire in a place no one will ever see.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 03:09:59 PM »
come in through the firewall with the wire, then under the carpet to the amp location under the seat. Cut 1/4" slit in carpet for wire in a place no one will ever see.

+1
God does not subtract from a man's life the number of hours spent riding a motorcycle

2008 C14, Muzzy exhaust, PCV, heated grips, Sergeant seat, PR4 GTs, Donovan headlight mod, Ronnies highway pegs, Cox rad guard, "The Big Rack", Grip Puppies, XM, many more made by me parts to come.....

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 04:10:11 PM »
I have bolted them to the rear wall of the cab before in small trucks. Good luck.
Joel from Maine.

Offline Awaz

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 04:43:07 PM »
I ended up installing it under the front passenger seat. No space under rear seat due to sub box and jack. It is working out great.
2016 Ducati Scrambler
2008 C14

Offline Deziner

• Arena
  • Phoenix
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 05:53:33 PM »
Outstanding!  :chugbeer:

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 09:52:53 PM »
awesome!  :finger_fing11:
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2015, 02:50:05 PM »
Very cool. Crank it up.
Joel from Maine.

Offline cmoore

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2015, 08:24:23 AM »
I just put an amp in my Tacoma. I put it under the driver side seat. I poked a hole in the rubber boot in the firewall for the power cable. No issues at all.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 04:52:31 AM by cmoore »
2010 C14
Dallas, Texas