Author Topic: Trunk buying advice: Kawasaki Vs. other brands  (Read 10931 times)

Offline northsouth

Re: Trunk buying advice: Kawasaki Vs. other brands
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2013, 03:13:32 PM »
Phil's rack with the Givi V47. The angle of the picture makes it look larger than it really is.

voileauciel

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2013, 03:42:14 PM »
Phil's rack with the Givi V47. The angle of the picture makes it look larger than it really is.

That's badass! Did you get that from Europe or something? I was looking on Givi's US website and they don't have it listed yet. Thinking I might get one of these for use on short trips, and to just keep on the bike. (I already have the 55, but I save that for long trips and don't leave it on the bike.)

Offline northsouth

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2013, 04:08:23 PM »
That's badass! Did you get that from Europe or something? I was looking on Givi's US website and they don't have it listed yet. Thinking I might get one of these for use on short trips, and to just keep on the bike. (I already have the 55, but I save that for long trips and don't leave it on the bike.)

I got it on EBAY from a company called Second Gear out of Canada. For some reason Givi doesn't sell this one stateside. If you order from them, be sure that you have them check that both keys are with the trunk. Mine was shipped with only one and it was locked inside the trunk. They overnighted me the other one so their customer service was very good.

Offline booger

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2013, 07:27:00 PM »
I know who made Kawasaki's trunk.  Still, mine said Kawasaki on it.  The Givi trunk doesn't.

And I put brake lights / running lights in mine.

And whether or not the Givi matches better than the OEM is just a matter of preference.

Offline Scaffolder

« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2013, 08:46:29 AM »
I have the Givi E-55 trunk on Phils rack.
Way bigger than the Sears trunk that is mounted to the garage floor right now.
Joel from Maine.