Author Topic: Well I added gold wheels.UPDATED MORE PICS  (Read 7287 times)

Offline koval68

Re: Well I added gold wheels.UPDATED MORE PICS
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2011, 07:38:16 PM »
It looks good now... but, I don't think you should paint more parts.
Tom"Killer"Kowalski   COG#9263  Newmarket,Ontario
"Earth provides enough to satisfy every man's need,  but not every man's greed."
- Mahatma Gandhi

Offline ta-kid

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2011, 10:00:41 PM »
This made me think of the American Chopper episode recently..your bike has the same color scheme as the Trans Am.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=199425270090440&set=o.109857729093330&theater

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/pontiac-firebird-1967-2002/1422158-american-chopper-trans-am-bikes.html
It's funny you say that because I have owned a few old ones,a 71,72,74 and then another 71 and have restored a few also.

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2011, 06:03:25 PM »
Info on the windshield? I really like it!

Gold would not have been my choice, but I have to say, the end result is pretty spiffy!

Offline fmwhit

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2011, 07:04:46 PM »
Your bike looks great!!!!!

Offline ta-kid

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2011, 07:11:43 PM »
The windshield is the stock one cut down and painted black on the inside surface only with VHT tint.With the shield shorter there is less turbalance around helmet and shoulders for quieter riding in the summer.It also creates some lifting pressure on my chest to take some wieght off my wrists when riding at highway speeds or higher.Ok Back to the Stanley cup bound Canucks.

Offline joelc1400

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 05:46:40 AM »
On the Old site i had ask if any body had painted their wheels gold, and all i got  was black is the way to go.  Your bike really looks good glad to see something different, i'm thincking of going gold or polishing the lips then gloss blk paint in the center of the wheel....
Here's a picture of more or less what i want to do this wheels are from the ZX-14

Offline Kazairl

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 08:21:59 AM »
The windshield is the stock one cut down and painted black on the inside surface only with VHT tint.With the shield shorter there is less turbalance around helmet and shoulders for quieter riding in the summer.It also creates some lifting pressure on my chest to take some wieght off my wrists when riding at highway speeds or higher.Ok Back to the Stanley cup bound Canucks.

That's what  I thought as I haven't seen any aftermarket ones like that. If it is over 50*F I keep my shield all the way down for the same reason. The shorter shield would be nice.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 09:48:47 AM »
On the Old site i had ask if any body had painted their wheels gold, and all i got  was black is the way to go.  Your bike really looks good glad to see something different, i'm thincking of going gold or polishing the lips then gloss blk paint in the center of the wheel....
Here's a picture of more or less what i want to do this wheels are from the ZX-14

Those look great!

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2011, 11:19:54 AM »
Those look great!

+1... very cool!  8)

But I've had polished wheels on bikes back in the day and it was a major pain to keep them shined up...  :'(

Offline ta-kid

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2011, 10:46:20 PM »
Actually polishing the rims and painting the center spokes any colour would look sharp.These wheels will polish by hand quite easily as i have done others just like them.Go for it.

Offline mikeboileau

• Arena
  • It ain't easy bein cheesy....
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2011, 07:05:05 AM »
Actually polishing the rims and painting the center spokes any colour would look sharp.These wheels will polish by hand quite easily as i have done others just like them.Go for it.

And clearcoat the polished part.....