Author Topic: PLEASE - No oil thread complaints. Just wondering what grade you are using  (Read 12244 times)

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Yeah but, no but, yeah but you mix it, don't you?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
Yeah but, no but, yeah but you mix it, don't you?

Of course I mix.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
Yep, you are your own little oil refinery.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page

Not invective, just brutally honest. ;)

"Scamsoil" and "crap" are invective, not merely or even "brutally" honest.  Just sayin'.

Yes, Chap, I was using the Amsoil motorcycle for wet clutch oil.  I used it in my VTX, it was awesome.  I used it in my ZX11, it was awesome.  I put it in my C14 and Connie didn't like it at all.  Don't know if it was just my bike, the C14, or what...  but it was AWESOME in other bikes, and NOT AWESOME in my C14.

Question for you guys who use 20w50... Mobile 1 doesn't make a Racing 4T in 20w50, but they make a VTwin oil...so since we have four cylinders, do you use twice as much? 
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
Doesn't matter what you dump in these bikes they keep going and faster than the energizer bunny.
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline jjsC6

..... I think it is important to mention not to use regular car oils. Make sure it is designed to work with the Wet Clutch System....

When making comments like this it would be better to be more specific as there is no such thing as "regular" oil sitting on shelves.  Specifically, what you don't want to run is an oil with the "Energy Conserving" logo on it.  "Regular" Mobil 1 for cars does not.
Jim
2010 Concours - Sold Feb 2013
Current bikes....
2011 Ninja 1000, 2013 BMW 1600 GT, 2012 Ducati Panigale

Offline TJ

I read along time ago that oil designed for diesel trucks had higher shear strength and that it made a better bike oil because the oil not only lubricated the engine but also the trannie gears. I started using Chevron 15-40 oil based on all the positive feedback on the ZRX forum.
Noticed immediate changes in how easy the bikes shifted and have continued to use it in all our bikes. ZRX, Goldwing, KLR,  Ninja 600, VTX 1800, and FZ1. Cost about $12 a gallon at Wally World.
2012 Black Kawasaki Concours