Author Topic: Seat Changes  (Read 2079 times)

Offline Austin

Seat Changes
« on: October 10, 2011, 05:14:57 PM »
Does anyone know if Kaw made any changes to the 2010 Seat from the proir 2009 model?  I'm looking to change the seat cover using HT Moto, but their seat covers are made specifically for 2008-2009.  I wasn't aware of any changes to the seat in 2010, but maybe I missed something.

Austin
2010 Kawasaki Concours ABS
2010 Kawasaki Versys

Offline jimmymac

• Arena
Re: Seat Changes
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 05:52:14 PM »
The '10 seat was all black, instead of black and grey. they both interchange.
The grass isn't always greener.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 06:27:15 PM »
The '10 seat was all black, instead of black and grey. they both interchange.

+1...

Offline C1xRider

• Where did all the posts go?!??
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 08:16:33 PM »
I have one of each, and they seem like they are the same shape when sitting on them and looking at them side by side.  Same pan and mounting hardware, and the cover seems to be made from the same material.

My guess is the only difference is the color of the front half.
--------------------   BACK UP YOUR DISKS PEOPLE!! -------------------------------
2012 K1600 GTL 8), 2010 C14 ABS, 2002 HD FXSTDI, 2000 XT350, 1998 C10, 1983 V65 Magna, 1978 HD SX250

Offline Austin

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 12:29:07 AM »
Thanks for the quick responses everyone.  That is what I was thinking, but I wanted to be sure.  Originally I wanted to buy a Russell Day Long seat, but when I called them, they were reluctant to take my order due to the fact I tip-toe on the ground now with the stock seat.  It's a shame, because I have never sat on a RDL, but have not heard one negative (other than look) in all of the years I've know about them; so I knew I couldn't go wrong.

With my remaining choices being less than ideal, I decided to make a go at modifying the stock seat to see what I can come up with for less than $200.  I started by ordering a nice cover from HT Moto.  Now I'm searching for the best foam/gel I can find.  Once I get the foam, I will start hacking away at the stocker.  Putting the new cover on shouldn't be too difficult.  I've done that before on a couple of other bikes without any issues.

If my results are not satisfactory for me, then I still have the option of sending my seat off to Spencer, or buying a Corbin/Sargent/etc...  Of course, once I finish, I'll post pictures as well.

Thanks again,

Austin
2010 Kawasaki Versys

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 04:01:18 AM »
The Russell raised me up at least an inch or so....
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline The Pope

• COG #9994 (NC AAD)
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 04:04:26 AM »
Hey Austin, if you haven't seen this thread: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=4011.0 you might want to check it out.
The Pope
2011 C-14 Atomic Silver...... aka ImprovedSilverDammIt.

"The Universe is a contest between engineers making things idiot-proof and God making bigger idiots. So far, God is winning by a wide margin." Unknown author, well I don't know who said it.

Offline Austin

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 11:41:54 AM »
Hey Austin, if you haven't seen this thread: http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=4011.0 you might want to check it out.

Thanks Pope.  I gave Loren a call, and that is also looking like a very strong option for me.

Austin
2010 Kawasaki Versys

Offline sherob

• Arena
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 12:34:43 PM »
A friend of mine at work used these guys http://www.bitchnstitchninc.com/index.html  Had his Feejer done, as well as his wifes NT.  Had nothing but raves and positive things to say about the service and work done.

Had his seat done, then rode to the Indy races... could not believe how comfy the seat was, and his wife was very very happy about hers too.

Just adding another option.
Rob
Brighton, CO... missing Texas!