Author Topic: Low Fuel Warning - how many miles left  (Read 12336 times)

Offline MAN OF BLUES

• Arena
  • WHISKEY.Tango.Foxtrot.
Re: Low Fuel Warning - how many miles left
« Reply #20 on: May 31, 2011, 04:23:17 PM »
woooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooo

I had to dig thru 3 computers, I knew i had a linky!!!!

here:
http://gtr1000.yuku.com/topic/4046

I'll post a new thread, and request a Sticky on it......

46 YEARS OF KAW.....  47 years of DEVO..

Offline Shoe

« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2011, 05:39:58 PM »
The fiche shows the fuel for $256 at Ron Ayers. I am surprised that there is no replaceable filter. One of many reasons the C14 is cheaper than a BMW. I always replaced my fuel filter every year on my BMW. I never gave it a thought on the C14.

The explanation about the bike surging when the filter gets clogged may be and explanation for S. Ga. Rider's problem with the bike cutting off.
Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2011, 06:56:49 PM »
The C-14 doesn't really have a filter, just a screen. By the time you clog that thing, you must have been pumping liquid asphalt into the tank. Really, it doesn't seem to be much, if any problem at all in the US. Modern fuel injected vehicles generally don't have fuel filters- if it goes in the tank, it should go through the injectors too.

As far as Kawasaki saving money on replaceable parts, the big savings is on the <no need to replace it> final drive.  ;)

Brian

The fiche shows the fuel for $256 at Ron Ayers. I am surprised that there is no replaceable filter. One of many reasons the C14 is cheaper than a BMW. I always replaced my fuel filter every year on my BMW. I never gave it a thought on the C14.

The explanation about the bike surging when the filter gets clogged may be and explanation for S. Ga. Rider's problem with the bike cutting off.
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline manowarwi

• Midwest Sport Riders
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2011, 07:40:43 PM »
You can run a test. Put some spare gas in a container and then run the bike until it stops. Then you'll know how far you how many miles have after the warning comes on. You then add your spare gas and fill up.

I was always told to NEVER run a fuel injected system totally out of gas.  I'm not a mechanic, but I was told you would then have to re-prime the fuel pump and the injectors to get the air out of the system which is supposedly a pain in the arse and it can damage your system.  That may be old / incorrect information now, but I wouldn't want to find out the hard way.  I don't think have even seen the low fuel light come on my bike.  I like to fill up when I'm down to one or two bars.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly

2014 Triumph Tiger Explorer XC
2008 Concours - Gone but not forgotten

Offline Rawman

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2011, 07:44:17 PM »
Low Fuel Warning - how many miles left

Depends how many miles it is to the next gas station.....
I hate the way it takes over the display.  Yes, I know how to press and hold the top button while pressing and releasing the bottom button.  Might just as well stop for gas......
2009 Non-ABS
VStream, PR2s, AreaP Full Exhaust, Carbon Can, PC-V, BMC Air Filter, 151 Dyno'd RWhp.
'04 Honda VTX-1300C, '01 Kawasaki ZRX-1200R, '87 Yamaha VMax, '79 Kawasaki K-1000 LTD, '77 Kawasaki KZ-1000,'80 Suzuki GS-550L

Offline Pokey

• Arena
  • WESTERVILLE OHIO 'Twit"
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2011, 08:36:30 PM »
On a trip I typically just fill up at around 200 miles, and I have yet to go below 40mpg as far as I can tell.
2006 DL1000  2006 SV650
08 C14 "gone"

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us". Gandalf the Grey

Offline Shoe

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2011, 07:42:08 AM »
The C-14 doesn't really have a filter, just a screen. By the time you clog that thing, you must have been pumping liquid asphalt into the tank.................

I try not to ever get close to the bottom of the tank and I when I see one of those tankers filling the tanks at gas station I go to the next station.

I burnt up a fuel pump in my old Chevy Blazer because the fuel filter in the tank was clogged. That vehicle had 2 fuel filters. One on the suction and one in the feed line. This was probably the cause of many problems. Kawasaki may be onto something. Just let the small stuff thru and filter out the rocks.

Eat corn. Drill for oil.

2008 Concours, 2010 Goldwing