Author Topic: Muph's Fender Extender Install  (Read 3700 times)

Offline Aegir

• 2012 - Candy Arabian Red
Muph's Fender Extender Install
« on: December 02, 2013, 12:28:16 PM »
Trying to install a Murph's Fender Extender.  Following the instructions per the website but having difficulty removing the Brake Line Guides that snap on to each side of the front fender.  I just don't seem to be successful in removing the guides per the instructions and I'm afraid I'm going to break them.

I'd appreciate any advice or tips on how to get those off without breaking them.  Thanks…Miles

Offline mvjr1904

Re: Muph's Fender Extender Install
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 02:54:10 PM »
This might help:
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=1610.0

Search is your friend
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 04:02:00 PM »
Search is your friend

I thought that was MY saying!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 04:45:14 AM »
They can be damnably difficult to remove, especially when both you and they are cold.  The business end of the guide which is inserted through the fender is split into two pieces that flair onto the underside of the fender.  I've removed it by using a screw driver and pushing one side towards the other whilst pulling on the guide.  Sometime back someone mentioned using a strategically sized socket that draws the split pieces together whilst pulling on the bracket.  Word to the wise....leave the  :censored: things off.
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Aegir

• 2012 - Candy Arabian Red
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 06:15:29 AM »
This might help:
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=1610.0

Search is your friend
Thanks, I did do a search but guess missed it or used the wrong wording.  Appreciate the link.

They can be damnably difficult to remove,... Word to the wise....leave the  :censored: things off.
I'll probably just do that.  Thanks!

Offline mvjr1904

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2013, 12:14:50 PM »
I thought that was MY saying!

My bad.... How about "Search and you shall find"
2011 Silver C14 - Fastest
2002 Silver C10 - Fast
1994 Black FXDWG (because it didn't come in Silver)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2013, 05:22:45 PM »
My bad.... How about "Search and you shall find"

OK, that is different enough that you can trademark it :)
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc