Author Topic: Kawasaki Shelves Concours 14P Motorcycle  (Read 12408 times)

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
Re: Kawasaki Shelves Concours 14P Motorcycle
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 04:08:06 PM »
I agree that the "fix" certainly sounds easy.  When I read the notice, it doesn't sound like they are dropping the Concours police model forever, just until the end of the year.  So there might be something else still in the works.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Son of Pappy

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 04:14:02 PM »
Smoke and mirrors, insider talk has it Mama Kaw will be introducing the C15P,----in Neutron Silverdammit ;D  There is even rumor that the bike will come equiped with ZX TBs, doughnut dispenser, and training wheels :o

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 04:47:58 PM »
I heard it as an inline-6 C17 to one up the K16.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline gnuse

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 06:30:03 PM »
This makes little sense as they are giving up future parts sales. Must be more to it.

Oh, well, I really did like the comment by jimmymac: "I'm cool with it, because now my bike's faster than theirs."
"God does not deduct from one's time on Earth, that which is spent in the air."

Offline marku8a

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »
I'm cool with it, because now my bike's faster than theirs. ;D

That's what I was thinking!

Mark
2009 C14 Red
Fly_ectomy, K&N Filter, Oxford Heated Grips, PC V, Full Area P Exhaust
How far can a person run into a forest?

Offline SPX

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2012, 11:19:04 AM »
I'm kinda missing sumpin here, hep me out.

1) Mama K make a "P" model. I'll assume it has a few heavy duty features.
2) Local LEO department buys a dozen, has them shipped to a "converter" to have lights and doo-dads (technical term) added.
3) Fuse blows. May be due to installing a coffee machine and doughnut fryer at aforementioned "converter". Unless in Boulder County, then it's a bagel toaster and Latte frother. In either case, not "K" approved modifications.
4) Kawasaki gets stuck with the recall bill.

Yes, a solution should be simple. Maybe Mama K doesn't want the hassle? Pulls the "P" model from the lineup... for now.

Rick

Kawasaki doesn't make a "P" model. They make the standard civilian Concours, and the third party companies convert the civilian bikes to a police bike by modifying it. The modification to a police bike has nothing to do with Kawasaki.

Offline MrPepsi

« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »
Kawasaki doesn't make a "P" model. They make the standard civilian Concours, and the third party companies convert the civilian bikes to a police bike by modifying it. The modification to a police bike has nothing to do with Kawasaki.

Yes it has everything to do with Kawasaki. They have it available as a bike PDs can order. Yes another company performs the work, but it is Kawasaki that sells it.
Brent Johnson 
2009 C-14 "Razzi"

Offline Bourne2Ride

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2012, 01:09:00 PM »
Maybe Momma Kawi didn't want the motor LEOs  catching up to us and stopping our fun. :D
Save the Connie and Save the world!
- Heroes

Offline stewart

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2012, 09:11:31 AM »
No need for a C15 or C17...we just need a C14I, is for Interceptor which is Supercharged....just like Mad Max.

I'd buy one of those in Black!!! And if it only came in Silverdamnit, I'd buy that too.
Stewart
2010 Concours14
COG 9380