Author Topic: I did it!!  (Read 12228 times)

Offline Xelvic

Re: I did it!!
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 09:20:11 PM »
What do you guys think of these risers? They go up and back.

2012 Kawasaki Concours 14

Offline JeffM

« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2012, 09:30:38 PM »
She's purdy.

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2012, 10:18:36 PM »
Welcome to the nut house.  BTW, beware of the guy with the forum name 'ZG'.  He'll have you spending money you don't have.  ;)

:rotflmao:   :chugbeer:

Awsome, another black bike. You have to love black!

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Offline pistole

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2012, 05:08:52 AM »

- maybe consider riding the machine more , get the break in over , put more mileage into it , learn some correct sportsbike posture , and only then consider whether u need the risers , etc.

- congrats on a nice bike there .... oh yeah , lose the stock pipe.

Breaker19

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2012, 09:11:59 AM »
Congrats! Just remember, defend your kiPass to the last! (until you get another FOB, that is)... :)

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2012, 09:22:17 AM »
Congrats! Just remember, defend your kiPass to the last! (until you get another FOB, that is)... :)

Crap!! You're right!! I can' start the bike without that thing. The dealer didn't even offer another one to me. Where do I get one and should I dare ask how much they are?  :'(

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2012, 09:24:04 AM »
Also, judging by all the pics of the Kipass, there must be some kind of inside joke with those things. Someone let me in on it!!

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2012, 09:25:03 AM »
You'll figure it after awhile... ;)
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2012, 09:30:55 AM »

- maybe consider riding the machine more , get the break in over , put more mileage into it , learn some correct sportsbike posture , and only then consider whether u need the risers , etc.

- congrats on a nice bike there .... oh yeah , lose the stock pipe.

I had a CBR600RR in the past that I bought brand new in 2005. I sold it a year later and couldn't ride it more than 100 miles before my body was hurting. It's the "correct sportbike posture" that hurts. If I can get as far away from that "posture" as I can, I will be happy.  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2012, 10:06:57 AM »
Well boys, I'm officially part of the club!!! Yesterday I finally got off my butt and bought me a new 2012 C14. I feel like I got a really good deal. Base price was $12,800 and after tax (10%), title, reg, and dealer charges I walked out with it being $14,800 out the door. Originally they wanted $19,100 OTD, so I beat them up really bad until I got the price I wanted. I bought this bike site unseen and never did a test ride. First ride home and I'm in love!! This bike is so smooth! Oh, and I got the black one. First order of business is to throw some wax on it and then go for a ride. I'll get some pics today and post them up for you guys. Let the farkling began! Damn it!!  ;D

Congrats and welcome!

I did the same thing... 

Your dealer only gave you one fob with your new bike? They all come with two fobs. '12s get one large fob and one smaller fob. If you didn't get two it's time for a trip back.
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Breaker19

« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2012, 10:24:10 AM »
Crap!! You're right!! I can' start the bike without that thing. The dealer didn't even offer another one to me. Where do I get one and should I dare ask how much they are?  :'(

Lose that FOB and you'll be eating an ECU. A second FOB can't be registered with the system without an active FOB present. The second smaller FOB is called the "immobilizer." It's essentially a passive FOB. Personally, I recommend purchasing a second primary or active FOB. I also carry two FOB batteries under the seat as a backup. The main FOB will act as a passive device if the battery craps out.

My STEALERship didn't give me mine either. And they denied it even existed. That's where I purchased it from, which was not the local place near my house (better trade-in deal). Perhaps your dealer will treat you better.

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2012, 11:34:56 AM »
Ok, this is what I got with the bike.  Are you guys saying that little one is also a FOB? I just thought it was a key you could carry in your wallet?

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2012, 11:55:21 AM »
I just checked the manual and looks like I got both FOBS. I also checked to see if I could start the bike using the little one and it worked. Now if I lose the big FOB can I use the little FOB to get a new one programmed, or am I still SOL.?

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2012, 12:00:46 PM »
You guys know where I can find a service manual at? I would prefer a digital copy as they seem to be much cheaper and easier to navigate on the computer. On a side note, I want to get out and ride today but we just got a heat advisory that it's going to be 110 degrees. I love this bike, but that's just too damn hot to ride!! I guess I'll just be searching the internet for farkles instead.

Offline Kinetic1

• I really do have the best wife EVER! 2013 Tuono
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2012, 12:12:15 PM »
Congratulations.....black is fastest.

I have the Advanced sport touring risers and love them. That appears to be what you posted the pic of. I also have motorcycle Larry's peg lowering kit that was nice but then the pegs drag WAY to easy so I took them off. What you need is canyon cages with Rivco pegs on them for touring duty so you have some place else to put your feet with eating up all of your cornering clearance.

You can buy a factory service manual from your dealer and a-lot of guys also buy Fred's videos to go along with them. 
No, really, she is the best and I can prove it...

Connie has been sold. Replaced with 2013 Aprilia Tuono V4 APRC

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2012, 01:08:37 PM »
You guys know where I can find a service manual at? I would prefer a digital copy as they seem to be much cheaper and easier to navigate on the computer.

Unless you want to break the law, there is no digital copy of the manual.  You must order the book from your dealership.  My dealership screwed up the order twice before I finally got my manual.  They did give me a "good" price, though.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2012, 01:10:30 PM »
I just checked the manual and looks like I got both FOBS. I also checked to see if I could start the bike using the little one and it worked. Now if I lose the big FOB can I use the little FOB to get a new one programmed, or am I still SOL.?

You did get the correct FOB's- one active and one passive.  Either will start the bike.  Both also contain a physical key.  If you lose either, you can get another programmed to the ECU, but it can only be done by a dealership and it isn't cheap.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2012, 04:07:02 PM »
Unless you want to break the law, there is no digital copy of the manual.  You must order the book from your dealership.  My dealership screwed up the order twice before I finally got my manual.  They did give me a "good" price, though.

Wow, I didn't know that. You would think that in the digital age Kawi would offer digital media to us, instead of wasting money on paper and printing. Every other book I can download form from Amazon or other outlets and they "lease" the copy to you for digital viewing. Oh well, I guess paper it is. :-[

On a side note, I went for about a 50 mile ride today before the heat got to be to much. For those wondering, I'm in Tucson, Az and it doesn't get much hotter than here. When it gets to be winter, that's when the real riding will began.

Offline Xelvic

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2012, 04:09:21 PM »
I have the Advanced sport touring risers and love them. That appears to be what you posted the pic of.

Yep, that's them. I can get them from Amazon for about 165 bucks. I just won a 200 dollar gift card from Amazon so I know how I will be using it.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2012, 06:05:52 PM »
Wow, I didn't know that. You would think that in the digital age Kawi would offer digital media to us, instead of wasting money on paper and printing. Every other book I can download form from Amazon or other outlets and they "lease" the copy to you for digital viewing. Oh well, I guess paper it is. :-[

Yep, it is a pain.  For my Infiniti G37, I just went to the Infiniti site, gave it my credit card, and downloaded a nice, universally-compatible PDF file.  Easy as pie and very convenient.  I think Kawasaki is just so paranoid that people are not going to buy it, they refuse to release the PDF.  Of course, it leaked out, anyway..... and I am sure you can find illegal copies on Ebay and other places too.  (But if you buy the real manual and then end up snarfing the PDF, you are on very high moral ground, regardless of technicalities.)

On a side note, I went for about a 50 mile ride today before the heat got to be to much. For those wondering, I'm in Tucson, Az and it doesn't get much hotter than here.

On the Virginia coast (and many areas), not only does it get hot, although not as hot as there, the humidity can be a nightmare.  If you haven't ridden even in the 90's but with 70-80% humidity, then you don't know what it is like to be truly hot.  When I get off the bike, I feel like I have gone through a rainstorm I am so wet.  Like they say "it's not the heat, it's the humidity" and it is true.  Sticky, wet, stifling.  Without effective evaporation, cooling of the body is very difficult.  That is why I haven't ridden much in the last two months.