Author Topic: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion  (Read 292920 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: MC Enterprises Concours Canyon Cage Discussion
« Reply #380 on: April 11, 2012, 03:47:00 PM »
The upper fairing on the 2008s are so different and the mounting scheme would have to be modified greatly.  I don't think you would ever get the 2010-2012 cage to work on a 2008. As I recall the MCE crash bars offered for the 2008 are quite different from the 2010 as well.  I think somebody would have to lend MCE a 2008 to work on.

I just did a quick scale job of #11 on this picture and stretched the vertical bar up to the opening in the fairing.  #11 does look better than #8 on the 2008.  But the vertical bar's angle does not look right and you would not want to cut into the fairing to get the three point mounting.

Gordon

:'(

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #381 on: April 11, 2012, 03:50:54 PM »
I am *TOALLY* digging it, Ryan!  Best design so far, hands-down (#11).  It is a great compromise between protection and design/style.  Something absolutely designed specifically for the Concours.  I remain really impressed with your patience and your peoples' skills.  Still not sure I understand how it would connect at the bottom, but I am sure you have that covered ;)

Thanks! Yea, I'm really happy with that final design as well. I think it looks really great on the bike in person, too! I absolutely cannot wait to see what it looks like when it's all painted and pretty! I'll see if I can take some photos tomorrow of the front-lower mounting point and do a more thorough job of explaining it to you guys because I'm sure others are curious about this as well.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline Conrad

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Huero

« Reply #383 on: April 11, 2012, 03:53:45 PM »
If you get a cage that designed for tge 08'-09' put me down for a set.

Offline Bosco

• Arena
  • USA
« Reply #384 on: April 11, 2012, 04:04:40 PM »
I think the last design looks good for the new gen fairing, but it leaves us 08-09 guys wanting something too.
1999 Concours Sold
2009 Concours ABS

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #385 on: April 11, 2012, 04:05:28 PM »
Ryan, who do we have to lean on at Mama Kaw to get you an 08/09? Is there a rental company in your area that might have one?

@Conrad, Road trip?

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #386 on: April 11, 2012, 04:09:10 PM »
Here is a good picture of my 2011 next to ZG's '09. This really shows the difference in fairings.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #387 on: April 11, 2012, 04:20:12 PM »
Here is a good picture of my 2011 next to ZG's '09. This really shows the difference in fairings.

Yeah, there really is a huge difference in the two.  There are lots of subtle differences between the 1st and 2nd gen, but the front fairings are absolutely the most noticeable difference (and yes, I do think the 2nd gen ones are much more attractive, but that is a different topic :P  ).

A different design is going to be needed for the 1st gen.  Unfortunately, it appears that to have a similar 3 point mounting, the fairing would have to be cut in at least one location.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Son of Pappy

« Reply #388 on: April 11, 2012, 04:46:53 PM »
That kinda shows why I like #8 the best.  I for one wouldn't be opposed to cutting the fairing, function over form and all that good stuff, when I'm done with her all she would be good for is scrap and maybe a farkle or three ;)
Thanks Gordon, that really does a good job shwoing the differance in the two.

Chet

The upper fairing on the 2008s are so different and the mounting scheme would have to be modified greatly.  I don't think you would ever get the 2010-2012 cage to work on a 2008. As I recall the MCE crash bars offered for the 2008 are quite different from the 2010 as well.  I think somebody would have to lend MCE a 2008 to work on.

I just did a quick scale job of #11 on this picture and stretched the vertical bar up to the opening in the fairing.  #11 does look better than #8 on the 2008.  But the vertical bar's angle does not look right and you would not want to cut into the fairing to get the three point mounting.

Gordon

Offline SANDPSYCHO

« Reply #389 on: April 11, 2012, 10:03:22 PM »
I think you got a winner.

Offline Rhino

• Arena
« Reply #390 on: April 11, 2012, 11:12:31 PM »
~$275 sounds good.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #391 on: April 12, 2012, 04:53:27 AM »
snip...

@Conrad, Road trip?

When can you be ready?

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Conrad

« Reply #392 on: April 12, 2012, 04:56:25 AM »

It's kinda hard for me to see the difference since that MASSIVE potato launcher keeps drawing mine eyes away from the fairing.    :o

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #393 on: April 12, 2012, 04:59:24 AM »
Did find that picture to be extremely slow loading?

Offline Necron99

• Arena
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #394 on: April 12, 2012, 07:16:35 AM »
Looking good!  I'll be lined up for a set of raw fronts and rears!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:05:56 AM by Necron99 »
Do not go gentle into that good night.
-Dylan Thomas

2010 ZG1400 COG #9384

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #395 on: April 12, 2012, 07:23:04 AM »
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:     :battle:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #396 on: April 12, 2012, 08:38:27 AM »

:thumbs:

:rotflmao:

Offline Conrad

« Reply #397 on: April 12, 2012, 08:39:27 AM »
Looking good!  I'll be lined up for a seat of raw fronts and rears!

:-X

Offline ZZG1400RIDER

« Reply #398 on: April 12, 2012, 09:48:41 AM »
Now that there is a final design its time for a drop test.  I would love to see another youtube video of the bars protecting the bike.  If you have to ease it down to the ground incase the mirror might hit that is the test that determins the crashability of these bars. OUTSTANDING design and I wish that we can pre order so once the first batch is done you can just ship them out to us.  If that is possible let us know please.  I also wonder is the 275 just for the front or is that the package price of front and saddle bag bars. :-!

Offline ZG

• Arena