Author Topic: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!  (Read 86906 times)

Offline Conrad

Re: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!
« Reply #280 on: March 30, 2012, 10:10:13 AM »

What about me? I like beer...

of course I'll buy you a beer man!

Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

MGvalerio

« Reply #281 on: March 30, 2012, 10:31:41 AM »

Vengo anch'io.....MG..Enterprise ..Che salute???   ;)    I'm coming ..... MG Enterprise .. .. What health???  ;)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #282 on: March 30, 2012, 10:49:02 AM »

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

Offline just gone

• COG#9712 '10 ABS
« Reply #283 on: March 30, 2012, 12:50:51 PM »

The closing time picture..... :chugbeer:....

ZZZZZZZZ......zzzzzz.....ZZZZZZZ.....zzz..

...and then.... the next morning when you wake up....  :yikes: :hitfan:

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #284 on: March 30, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »
OK, I got my small rear bars in today!  Fast!  I love the workmanship.  It took only 10 minutes to install both, most of the time trying to get off those damn clips that hold the rear pegs in place.  So now I will post a bunch of pictures for those wanting to see the results.

Unfortunately, the list only allows 4 pics per post, so I will have to break it into several.  Here are the bars, and the bike BEFORE I installed them...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline Conrad

« Reply #285 on: March 30, 2012, 03:39:18 PM »
OK, I got my small rear bars in today!  Fast!  I love the workmanship.  It took only 10 minutes to install both, most of the time trying to get off those damn clips that hold the rear pegs in place.  So now I will post a bunch of pictures for those wanting to see the results.

Unfortunately, the list only allows 4 pics per post, so I will have to break it into several.  Here are the bars, and the bike BEFORE I installed them...

You should have just left the pegs on, just pull the pin out and put the new bolt in it's place.

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #286 on: March 30, 2012, 03:40:15 PM »
And here is after- left side...
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #287 on: March 30, 2012, 03:43:50 PM »
And, finally, after- right side...

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #288 on: March 30, 2012, 03:47:13 PM »
You should have just left the pegs on, just pull the pin out and put the new bolt in it's place.

Well, either way, one will still have to remove the clips that hold the pins.  I have no need/use for rear pegs, so I didn't even reinstall them.  Plus, if you do reinstall them (for those who don't know) they will not fold (they stay sticking out).

I had more pictures, but it took FOREVER to post just those (and yes, I scaled them to 1600x), and I think people get the idea :)   There was not much to see from the front of the bike, just a hint of them sticking out.  Same thing from the rear, too.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #289 on: March 30, 2012, 03:48:50 PM »
I saw that you left the pegs off after the after pics, so nevermind.    :thumbs:

Offline DGOLD

« Reply #290 on: March 30, 2012, 04:06:24 PM »
Did I do something wrong?  I had to enlarge the holes in the pegs for the screw to slide through. Otherwise installation was simple, luckily I had access to a grinder for the heat shield. As far as the pegs always being down it seems they were always in that position anyways. It will get some getting used to how big the front gaurds look!
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #291 on: March 30, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »
I had more pictures, but it took FOREVER to post just those (and yes, I scaled them to 1600x

Thanks for posting the pics Max!  :thumbs:

FYI, you might consider getting a photobucket account, it's free and it makes loading pics on forums super quick and very easy, don't know how I know that...  ;)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #292 on: March 30, 2012, 04:25:53 PM »
max, the chrome looks better on the bike then I thought it would. The bars are a good handle for the center stand too.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #293 on: March 30, 2012, 04:39:55 PM »
Did I do something wrong?  I had to enlarge the holes in the pegs for the screw to slide through. Otherwise installation was simple, luckily I had access to a grinder for the heat shield. As far as the pegs always being down it seems they were always in that position anyways. It will get some getting used to how big the front gaurds look!

The peg itself or the mount?  What heat shield did you have to grind?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #294 on: March 30, 2012, 04:52:20 PM »
Did I do something wrong?  I had to enlarge the holes in the pegs for the screw to slide through.

I wouldn't say you did anything wrong, but I didn't have any problem with the holes in the pegs.  It was a tight fit, but fit, nonetheless

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #295 on: March 30, 2012, 04:53:35 PM »
max, the chrome looks better on the bike then I thought it would. The bars are a good handle for the center stand too.

I think I am glad I went with the chrome.  I need a bit more time looking at it, but I think it "works" with the silver bikes.   Now... what to do with the FRONT  (yes, ZG, I know... :) )

Offline DGOLD

« Reply #296 on: March 30, 2012, 06:02:33 PM »
On my 2010 I had to trim a small amount of the heat shield on th front right. A well hidden spot that wont show if the bars come off.
1995 c10(gone), 2001 c10(passed on to son),
2010 c14(current mistress)

MGvalerio

« Reply #297 on: March 30, 2012, 10:13:10 PM »
L'attacco alla pedana passeggero se era stato fatto capovolto !!!! forse รจ stata uno svista del progettista!!! ora lo sa???

Quel che vedo in generale alle vostre moto con accessori dedicati peggiorate alla grande la postura di guida ..esempio: le selle quasi tutte ribassate,
non credo siate dei nanetti!!!

The attack on the platform where passengers had been turned upside down!! maybe it was an oversight of the designer! now you know??

What I see in general to your bike with accessories designed for the worse at the largest driving posture .. example: almost all the seats lowered,

I do not think you are the dwarves!

MGvalerio. 8)

MGvalerio

« Reply #298 on: March 30, 2012, 11:28:28 PM »
And here is after- left side...

Non pensi con un cavalletto progettato come il mio non si debba preuccuparsi di niente ,vedendo come ti sei organizato per sosta moto.???
Piccoli dettagli che chi non va in moto non posso cogliere e fare centro subito,la pratica ha volte supera lo studio....chi vuol capire capisca.

PS.questa mattina mi sono alzato male. ::)

Do not you think with a stand designed like mine do not have to worry about anything, seeing how you have organized to stop the bike.??

Small details that whoever does not start I can not grasp and hit the mark immediately, the practice has sometimes exceeded the study .... who wants to understand understand.

PS.questa morning I got up bad ::)

http://youtu.be/Ldq1-WrGgWc

MGvalerio. 8)

Offline martin_14

• know who you are
« Reply #299 on: March 31, 2012, 03:54:31 AM »
^^^^^^
I usually don't have a clue what he's on about, but I like this one. Well done, Signore Valerio!
Build bridges, not walls.

Education is important. Riding my bike is importanter.