Author Topic: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!  (Read 86913 times)

Offline Elfmaze

Re: MCEnterprise Guards - MAXIMUM DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW! 2 MORE DAYS...
« Reply #200 on: March 22, 2012, 06:31:06 AM »
I have seen the drop test video for the "enforcer" style drop bars.  Can i expect the same type of protection with these?  Any lean angle, or width issues?  Anyone have drop reports with these on? 

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #201 on: March 22, 2012, 10:15:59 AM »
I have seen the drop test video for the "enforcer" style drop bars.  Can i expect the same type of protection with these?  Any lean angle, or width issues?  Anyone have drop reports with these on?

By "enforcer" style do you mean the beefier version of the #1400-100/110 which was in the video I posted or are you referring to another companies bars? If you're referring to the video I posted, yes, you can absolutely expect the same type of protection with the current design. The #1400-100/110's and #1400-300/310's should have absolutely no issue holding up during tip-over situations.

I haven't heard of any lean angle or width issues but if anyone has personally experienced any, please speak up! The widest part of the bike are still the mirrors so anything your mirrors can fit through, you can fit through. The ONLY issue I've heard about our bars come into play when using a cruise control mechanism that mounts to the end of the handle bars. I had one customer that said he laid his bike down at speed and because he had our bars on his bike along with the cruise control, he ran into some issue.

Apparently when the bike went down his cruise control was engaged and our bars held the bike up far enough to where the internal kill switch wasn't activated and the bike was a tad difficult to get under control. However, this seemed a bit weird to me as I've never heard of our bars interfering with the internal kill switch before and we've sold tons of these sets to people all over the world. Besides, it seems like anywhere you'd be using a cruise control wouldn't really be a typical spot to lay your bike down. Generally tip-overs happen when going through curves or at very low speed, neither situation should require cruise control. So, I'm not sure if the guy was embarrassed and embellishing his story because of it or what but that's the only complaint I've personally heard.

Anyhow, yesterday we shipped out one order to J.A. - 42441. The rest of you will be going out Monday-Wednesday next week once we receive our stuff back from the powder coaters!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

MGvalerio

Re: MCEnterprise Guards - MAXIMUM DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW, WE ARE AT 15th SETS!
« Reply #202 on: March 22, 2012, 11:52:20 AM »
The thought hasn't escaped me. More protection 'just in case' and another point to grab on to while I do the impossible and win MG's bike.    ;)

>:(  senza trucchi >:( no makeup >:(

MGvalerio  8)   ;D

Offline Conrad

Re: MCEnterprise Guards - MAXIMUM DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW, WE ARE AT 15th SETS!
« Reply #203 on: March 22, 2012, 11:55:22 AM »

>:(  senza trucchi >:( no makeup >:(

MGvalerio  8)   ;D

Are you inventing the rules as we go along MG?    ;)
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

MGvalerio

« Reply #204 on: March 22, 2012, 12:15:03 PM »

* 2010 Concours (5).jpg (1129.72 kB, 1856x1392 - viewed 19 times.)

* 2010 Concours (14).jpg (1104.78 kB, 1856x1392 - viewed 15 times.)
Spettacolare.......come il mio cavalletto modificato ...Conrad  >:(  ti piace vincere facile??? ;)        Spectacular ....... like my modified tripod ... Conrad  >:( you like to win easy??? ;)        MGvalerio. 8)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #205 on: March 22, 2012, 12:26:50 PM »

Spettacolare.......come il mio cavalletto modificato ...Conrad  >:(  ti piace vincere facile??? ;)        Spectacular ....... like my modified tripod ... Conrad  >:( you like to win easy??? ;)        MGvalerio. 8)

It's true that winning is more satisfying when a challenge is involved but I'm not opposed to an easy win either.  8)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:39:52 PM by Conrad »
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #206 on: March 22, 2012, 01:14:58 PM »
"Can we just get along?"   ;D

Two more days left.  This is the time to take advantage of the SWEET guards!  Don't Wait any longer!
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #207 on: March 22, 2012, 01:48:34 PM »
C.H. - 22309 is being shipped today, you lucky dog!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline lddave

« Reply #208 on: March 22, 2012, 04:16:04 PM »
Ordered a black set of small saddle bag protectors . Thanks for the group sale guys.
Dave
IBA 178

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #209 on: March 22, 2012, 04:25:24 PM »
"Can we just get along?"   ;D

Two more days left.  This is the time to take advantage of the SWEET guards!  Don't Wait any longer!

I would order NOW if I could just decide which damn color!!!!  Trust me, I am still thinking about it every day!
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #210 on: March 22, 2012, 04:40:07 PM »
I would order NOW if I could just decide which damn color!!!!  Trust me, I am still thinking about it every day!

Maybe this will help. 

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #211 on: March 22, 2012, 04:41:42 PM »
Maybe this will help.

Well, more pics are always welcome, but that doesn't help my situation all that much, since although that is a silver bike, the bags and tank were painted black.

Decisions decisions....
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #212 on: March 22, 2012, 04:46:28 PM »
Well, more pics are always welcome, but that doesn't help my situation all that much, since although that is a silver bike, the bags and tank were painted black.

Decisions decisions....

True, but you would be able to see that the bars really don't stand out that much next to the silver.  Keep in mind that the black can be touched up and the chrome can't. ( aside from a little clear fingernail polish on scratches so they don't rust on chrome). 

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #213 on: March 22, 2012, 04:59:46 PM »
Is that a video camera on top of their Lidar?

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #214 on: March 22, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »
Is that a video camera on top of their Lidar?

That is just the optical sight for the Lidar.  It looks big doesn't it.  I figure with the range these have, they would need to have a big optical lense.

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #215 on: March 22, 2012, 05:51:27 PM »
Get them bare and powdercoat to match the bike. Then post pics. 8)

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #216 on: March 22, 2012, 06:15:13 PM »
Get them bare and powdercoat to match the bike. Then post pics. 8)

Good idea!!
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #217 on: March 22, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »
Good idea!!

+1...

That's the ticket Max, do it bro, make us proud with a custom color set!  8)

Or just get the chrome set and get some silver bathroom towells that match your Connie paint to hang on em...  ;)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
« Reply #218 on: March 22, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
How many amps would it draw to heat the towel hangers?

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #219 on: March 22, 2012, 06:43:22 PM »
+1...
That's the ticket Max, do it bro, make us proud with a custom color set!  8)

Uh.... just too lazy :)   If I *did* do that, I would probably power coat them to be a medium grey, in-between the black and aluminum colors.   But... too lazy.

The problem is that either choice matches about the same to me.  The black has the advantage of easy touch-up, or even painting later.  The chrome has the advantage that it looks a bit cooler.

Or just get the chrome set and get some silver bathroom towells that match your Connie paint to hang on em...  ;)

!!  I am only getting the rears, not the bathroom-bar fronts :)