Author Topic: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!  (Read 86908 times)

Offline gPink

• Arena
  • MMVIII C XIV
Re: MCEnterprise Guards - MAXIMUM DISCOUNT RIGHT NOW, WE ARE AT 15th SETS!
« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2012, 08:12:31 AM »
I just called Ryan. Ordered small rear black. Price down to 148.75.

Thanks to Ryan at MC, and IRULE for putting this together.  :thumbs:

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2012, 08:40:36 AM »
Yea, I know the design of our front bars leaves a bit to be desired as far as the style goes. You have to keep in mind that these bars were originally designed specifically for law enforcement so aesthetics took a back seat to functionality and strength.

However, with that being said, I've started talking with the owners about letting me head up a project to get some "Canyon Cage" style bars made for the Connie because we've had such success with the current civilian bars. I'm of the belief that if we did offer a lower-profile Canyon Cage type bar, it'd be insanely popular among the Concours riders. I actually feel as if I'm making some progress with the powers that be but projects like this do take some time so I wouldn't hold your breath quite yet.

Although, if any of you are in the Southern California region and would allow us to borrow your 2010-2012 Concours for a single work week (Monday-Thursday) I'm sure that may help get things going as finding a bike to borrow is usually what takes the most time. Also, if any of you were to be so kind, we'd gladly hook you up with a set of the finished product free of charge! =)

EDIT: I also added a few more photos of the rear guard for the 2011 Concours for whoever it was that asked! The photos are taken on a 2010 but these are the same exact bars that fit the 2011.
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline farrider2

« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2012, 09:33:52 AM »
I  am in for a set of powder coated rear bars. Have been lookingg at these for some time. Thanks for putting the group deal together Ryan et. al.

Offline MrFurious

Re: MCENTERPRISES Guards - GROUP BUYS NOW!!!
« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2012, 11:02:49 AM »

:battle:

Ok guys, lets get this thread back on track about the bathroom bars group buy, Home Depot is over priced...  ;)

Bathroom bars?  Naa...I prefer to lovingly refer to them as elephant ears.   ;D
Jim B.
COG #9642
2009 C14 - Black - Non-ABS
Insanity is not as easy as I make it look!

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2012, 12:20:18 PM »
Ok.  We have 16 orders confirmed as of this morning according Ryan at MCEnterprises.  He said there are 4-5 more orders on his desk, and going to be process later on today.  WOW! 

Thanks everyone for making this happened.  I hope everyone enjoys the sweet guards.
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #165 on: March 19, 2012, 12:30:29 PM »
Order placed, THANKS Ryan and Boris.

Offline Conrad

« Reply #166 on: March 19, 2012, 12:38:44 PM »
Ok.  We have 16 orders confirmed as of this morning according Ryan at MCEnterprises.  He said there are 4-5 more orders on his desk, and going to be process later on today.  WOW! 

Thanks everyone for making this happened.  I hope everyone enjoys the sweet guards.

Here's to hoping that we all enjoy them but NEVER need 'em!    :chugbeer:
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #167 on: March 19, 2012, 12:41:44 PM »
Here's to hoping that we all enjoy them but NEVER need 'em!    :chugbeer:

This! Cheers to beers!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #168 on: March 19, 2012, 02:05:12 PM »
I was all set to order the GSG Protection for the front in the near future but will now wait and see what happens with the possibility of the Canyon Cages for the front.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #169 on: March 19, 2012, 03:53:54 PM »
I was all set to order the GSG Protection for the front in the near future but will now wait and see what happens with the possibility of the Canyon Cages for the front.

If there are more of you in this frame of mind, please let me know. If we have enough interest for a set of "Canyon Cages" for the Concours I'll start a new thread keeping you guys informed of my progress with the owners.

Also, if any of you live close enough to let us borrow your 2010-2012 Connie for a single business week I'm sure that'd help us out tremendously. Locating the bikes alone is what generally ends up taking so much time. Keep in mind, we always give the people who let us use their bikes a free set of the parts we're designing for the bike.  ;D

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #170 on: March 19, 2012, 03:58:12 PM »
If there are more of you in this frame of mind, please let me know. If we have enough interest for a set of "Canyon Cages" for the Concours I'll start a new thread keeping you guys informed of my progress with the owners.

I was thinking about it this morning and I like the Canyon Cage idea better to but not so sure I want to wait that long to get the protection. If you could get a bike how far out does that get production of cages?

You may have shipped out my order since I was the first one to order so this may not matter anymore huh?

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2012, 04:03:24 PM »
I was thinking about it this morning and I like the Canyon Cage idea better to but not so sure I want to wait that long to get the protection. If you could get a bike how far out does that get production of cages?

You may have shipped out my order since I was the first one to order so this may not matter anymore huh?

We're going to begin shipping the Group Buy participants' guards tomorrow so it's not too late but a set of Canyon Cages for the Connie would be, at the very least, 6-8 weeks out. Once we find a bike to fit up, the cages generally take about a week to design, then we do an initial production run which takes an additional 4-6 weeks. So, if we had a bike in our shop to start working on on Monday, the ready-to-ship bars would be approximately 2 months out.

Offline RBX QB

« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2012, 04:04:24 PM »

Also, if any of you live close enough to let us borrow your 2010-2012 Connie for a single business week I'm sure that'd help us out tremendously. Locating the bikes alone is what generally ends up taking so much time. Keep in mind, we always give the people who let us use their bikes a free set of the parts we're designing for the bike.  ;D

Awww, man! If only I lived closer.

But, +1 on interest for the canyon cages for this bike. If it helps your argument with ownership, another manufacturer does make a canyon style for the Connie, but I'd prefer to purchase from MC, since you are now part of our world (plus, the cages you post on the GSXR are gorgeous, even if the pictures aren't in black).

2011 Concours 14 ABS
2̶0̶0̶6̶ ̶D̶u̶c̶a̶t̶i̶ ̶M̶o̶n̶s̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶2̶R̶D̶  SOLD

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2012, 04:06:31 PM »
the ready-to-ship bars would be approximately 2 months out.

Ryan let me sleep on this and I will either call or email you tomorrow morning. Thanks

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2012, 04:20:26 PM »
We're going to begin shipping the Group Buy participants' guards tomorrow so it's not too late but a set of Canyon Cages for the Connie would be, at the very least, 6-8 weeks out. Once we find a bike to fit up, the cages generally take about a week to design, then we do an initial production run which takes an additional 4-6 weeks. So, if we had a bike in our shop to start working on on Monday, the ready-to-ship bars would be approximately 2 months out.

Ryan, can you give us a general ballpark pricing on the Canyon Cages if they went into production?  I do not mind waiting for a great buy/product.

Offline wendel

« Reply #175 on: March 19, 2012, 04:50:10 PM »
What are the Canyon Cages? Nevermind. I found them.
2012 C14

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2012, 05:13:10 PM »
Ryan let me sleep on this and I will either call or email you tomorrow morning. Thanks

Sounds good!

As for ballpark pricing, our current Canyon Cages for the Yamaha R6 and Suzuki GSXR are approximately $150. Seeing as how the Concours is a bit bigger, heavier, and has trickier mounting points I could see our Canyon Cage for the Connie running around $200, maybe $225 at the most. It really all depends on the amount of machine work that goes into making them which is difficult to estimate until I have the bike in front of me. I would say that $175-$225 is a fair estimate, though.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #177 on: March 19, 2012, 05:53:01 PM »
Sign me up!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbs:

Offline OldBiker

« Reply #178 on: March 19, 2012, 06:08:00 PM »
I'm in, just sent an email to Ryan Nichols at MCEnteprises for the engine guard for a 2012 Concours.

1st time I ordered from a discount list, let me know if anything else is needed.

Bob H...

CMA
AMA
IBA

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #179 on: March 19, 2012, 06:31:45 PM »
I'm in, just sent an email to Ryan Nichols at MCEnteprises for the engine guard for a 2012 Concours.

1st time I ordered from a discount list, let me know if anything else is needed.

Bob H...

CMA
AMA
IBA

Bob, you should be good.  Please make sure you get a confirmation from Ryan.  Thanks for ordering and help the group out.
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville