Author Topic: MCEnterprise Guards - GOING, GOING........GONE! DONE! FINISHED!  (Read 86911 times)

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
Re: MCENTERPRISES Guards - GROUP BUYS NOW!!!
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2012, 01:00:32 PM »
I just got off the phone with Ryan who assisted me with successfully placing my order for a set of front engine guards in black.

Thanks again IRULE!!!

Mark...... 8)

Mark, you are welcome.  I am just glad that we all can take advantage of the discount.  Many thanks to Ryan and MCE for making this happen. 
2009 Black Kawasaki Concours 14
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline RyanMCEnterprises

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2012, 01:07:24 PM »
Mark, you are welcome.  I am just glad that we all can take advantage of the discount.  Many thanks to Ryan and MCE for making this happen.

Yes, thank you Boris for getting this all set up! All of us here at MCE are more than happy to be working with all of you on this group buy and we sincerely hope you all enjoy your guards! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that none of you ever have to "test" them out!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »
I would suggest placing the 15% discount price in the first post on page 1.  If it gets to 14 I will make it 15!

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2012, 01:33:20 PM »
I would suggest placing the 15% discount price in the first post on page 1.  If it gets to 14 I will make it 15!

I have changed the original post.  We should be all good. 
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2012, 02:22:03 PM »

I bet there is three other guys saying the same thing..... Come on get off your wallet.  :o :o :o :o

How about a counter on the first page too, that would be cool.

Offline Caffeinated

• Arena
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2012, 04:16:33 PM »
Ryan, can you please clarify what the front bars look like on the 10-12?  Seems there are two different versions that fit the 10-12's, and I'm not sure what the new one looks like. The version with the longer outer bar that extends down is show in the pic on your website here

OR the one's in this thread and pic from Joncon11 does not extend down.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6114.msg80137#msg80137

Also, are there other differences that make the new design better? 

Thanks
Chris (COG# 8538), Bristow, Va
2012 Black Concours 1400
2011 Silver Concours 1400 (Totaled)
2002 Silver Concours (sold), 06 Vulcan 900LT (sold), 03 VStar 650 (sold)

Offline c14p builder

• Kawasaki Police
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2012, 04:51:07 PM »
Ryan, can you please clarify what the front bars look like on the 10-12?  Seems there are two different versions that fit the 10-12's, and I'm not sure what the new one looks like. The version with the longer outer bar that extends down is show in the pic on your website here

OR the one's in this thread and pic from Joncon11 does not extend down.
http://www.zggtr.org/index.php?topic=6114.msg80137#msg80137

Also, are there other differences that make the new design better? 

Thanks

I don't want to steal anyones thread here but I know the answer to this.  Ryan can correct me if needed. 

The picture on MC's website was the very first model built for the 2010 Concours.  After using them on the Police bikes and having agencies have hard spills with them, there was a need to make them a little stronger.  The inside vertical bar was lengthened and welded to the outside bar at the bottom bend for more rigidity.  This was the new bar for quite a while. Then after even harder crashes the bars would flex and the bar would dent the bodywork so the very lower part of the bar was shortened to give more clearance to the lower fairing.  The final product for this bar, and I believe the current production, are the bars in Joncon11's photo.  These will be the bars you get for the 2010-12 bikes now.

It is a better design than the original that came about from alot of police bikes testing the strength of the bars. Props to MC for working with our company and Kawasaki in answering the demands that the Agencies were putting on them as far as durability was concerned.  No matter how you slice it, the price of these bars will pay for themselves the first time the bike hits the ground whether by mistake or by accident.  Money well spent.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2012, 05:37:51 PM »
The picture on MC's website was the very first model built for the 2010 Concours.  After using them on the Police bikes and having agencies have hard spills with them, there was a need to make them a little stronger.  The inside vertical bar was lengthened and welded to the outside bar at the bottom bend for more rigidity.  This was the new bar for quite a while. Then after even harder crashes the bars would flex and the bar would dent the bodywork so the very lower part of the bar was shortened to give more clearance to the lower fairing.  The final product for this bar, and I believe the current production, are the bars in Joncon11's photo.  These will be the bars you get for the 2010-12 bikes now.

It is a better design than the original that came about from alot of police bikes testing the strength of the bars. Props to MC for working with our company and Kawasaki in answering the demands that the Agencies were putting on them as far as durability was concerned.  No matter how you slice it, the price of these bars will pay for themselves the first time the bike hits the ground whether by mistake or by accident.  Money well spent.

Precisely this.

We went through a few different designs before we found the one that really worked well and satisfied our customers high expectations. Interestingly enough, we made an even beefier version for one of our customers at one point. However, the extra work proved to be unnecessary as the current design worked great without the added weight of thicker steel plates, gussets, etc.

Thanks for answering, by the way. I don't mind people joining in on the conversation and answering questions as long as they know what they're talking about, as you clearly do!
MC Enterprises has been manufacturing quality motorcycle products for nearly 45 years! Visit us online at www.MCEnterprises.com!

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »
Does the same theory apply to the 08/09 Bars or is that a different animal?

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2012, 09:01:50 PM »
Does the same theory apply to the 08/09 Bars or is that a different animal?

The 08-09 model is a different animal but similar theories were applied. We took what we learned from the extensive testing done on the 2010-2012 models and applied it to the #1400-100 (for the 08-09 Connie) as well and made some minor changes. The #1400-100 is slightly different than the #1400-110 due to the minor differences in the bikes but, yes, similar design theories were applied to both sets.

Offline 556ALPHA

• 2009 Candy Diamond Red
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2012, 09:03:10 PM »
Thanks Ryan, I appreciate the info.

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:36 PM »
You're welcome, good sir!

• MC Enterprises
« Reply #112 on: March 15, 2012, 10:19:08 AM »
Order #12 has been placed! Only three more and I can begin shipping product! Keep in mind though, you're still welcome to order and get in on the group buy up until the 23rd of this month!

Offline wendel

« Reply #113 on: March 15, 2012, 11:23:49 AM »
Order #12 has been placed! Only three more and I can begin shipping product! Keep in mind though, you're still welcome to order and get in on the group buy up until the 23rd of this month!

That would be me. My second farkle. First is a chrome cup holder.
2012 C14

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #114 on: March 15, 2012, 12:06:13 PM »
First is a chrome cup holder.

That's funny. I just ordered a cup holder the other day.

http://projektd.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_39_46&products_id=183

Offline IRULE

• How sweet it is...
« Reply #115 on: March 15, 2012, 12:23:27 PM »
That's funny. I just ordered a cup holder the other day.

http://projektd.com/product_info.php?cPath=27_39_46&products_id=183

Is cup holder an 'in' thing to buy?  Maybe I should work on a Group-Buy on that?   :o
2009 Red Buell 1125CR
1978 Triumph Bonneville

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #116 on: March 15, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »

Offline Gumby

• Arena
  • Black 2011
« Reply #117 on: March 15, 2012, 12:27:02 PM »

:-X

WHAT? I need somewhere to set my beverage while I wait for you  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Offline ZG

• Arena
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2012, 12:30:42 PM »

WHAT? I need somewhere to set my beverage while I wait for you  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

:battle:

Ok guys, lets get this thread back on track about the bathroom bars group buy, Home Depot is over priced...  ;)

Offline Conrad

« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2012, 12:52:24 PM »

Burn!!!

:battle:

Ok guys, lets get this thread back on track about the bathroom bars group buy, Home Depot is over priced...  ;)

Oh sure, now you want to change the subject...   :-*
Northern Illinois   Silverdammit '08 C-14 ABS

"Don't bother me with facts, Son. I've already made up my mind." -Foghorn Leghorn