Author Topic: Blown fuse help  (Read 5859 times)

Offline Jet86

• California
Re: Blown fuse help
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 04:15:24 PM »
The easiest way to find the problem is to replace the fuse with a chunk of wire.  Once you find where the smoke is coming from you have found the problem.
OK not a lot of help, but it made me feel better.  I hope you figure this out.

:rotflmao:LOL when i was a kid i actually done that, yep found the bad wire but then it melted the rest of the good wires along with it..

Ok I'm going out and try to use a thin long screw driver threw that front plastic vent and just push the connectors off the horns...

1986 California Connie 87k and counting

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 04:54:47 PM »
:rotflmao:LOL when i was a kid i actually done that, yep found the bad wire but then it melted the rest of the good wires along with it..

Better yet use a .22LR bullet..... NOT
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010

Offline Jet86

• California
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 10:30:26 PM »
Problem solved! Thanks to everyone who pitched in, It was indeed the horn so i went ahead and removed it and there will Never be any horn stuck in that spot again as long as i own it, I pulled the horn wires down and taped them off and zip tied them in place for now.. A Horn is a must on a bike so i will get another one soon as i can but it wont go in the same spot that's for sure. I probably should scoot over to the horn topic now and see its all about.

Thanks Again!

:chugbeer:

1986 California Connie 87k and counting