Author Topic: final drive fluid drip and dirty rear wheel  (Read 5664 times)

Offline T Cro ®

• Administrator
Re: final drive fluid drip and dirty rear wheel
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 07:52:41 AM »
no.....I am not dumping on the bike as I love the bike. MOST of the info. has been good but your post was condescending and not helpful at all.

Yes my post was condescending just as I have found your post to be; but two wrongs do not make a right so for that I should be sorry....

Attached is a picture that shows "ALL" the locations (circled in red) that the rear end can leak from; it is up to you from here as none of us can see what you see we can only go by what you write.

My point to the o-rings was not meant to say that you must use OEM as OEM simply buys them from someone else but you must use an o-ring that is meant for use in oils to which I do not trust the o-rings found in the plumbing dept of ACE to be suitable for that and the o-ring must also be suitable in size too. If it was too fat it was cut or pushed out of the way on install, and too thin and it never did nothing.

Until you tell us what you have or have not done we can only assist in broad strokes that would be why I comment as to both oil type and level as these simple task can be and have been overlooked by even the most sage of hands. Too which put this in your files: Do not use oils that have a really wide multi vis range as they WILL tend to leak more when they get hot and thin. Do not turn the wheel while adding oil and never try to get more in than the lower edge of the fill cap threads no matter what the measured amount is as you will end with too much oil and it will leak out.
Tony P. Crochet
(SOLD) 01 Concours Winner of COG Most Modified in 2010