Author Topic: Concours 14 aftermarket TPMS replacement WORKS!  (Read 15471 times)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
Re: Concours 14 aftermarket TPMS replacement WORKS!
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2022, 08:11:35 AM »
Also, a dead battery sometimes kills the sensor. Going too long without the battery will eventually degrade the circuit. Both of my old TPMS sensors wouldn't boot back up after removing the battery and using a regulated power supply. If the sensors are only "mostly dead" then replacing the battery is viable.

One upside to using the Mazda sensors is you can install the sensor un-written, and then clone the ID to it. This allows you to uninstall the old sensor and install the new one in a single mounting process. Then you can program in the ID code and you're done. Easy peasy.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline rcannon409

« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2022, 05:38:54 AM »
I feel like you guys set this thread up to mess with me.  I own a Concours 14, and a Mazda 3.  All have one or more bad tpms sensors.

I would be buying a special tool that works on more than one of my vehicles?  I would need to find a scientific calculator to figure the odds on this being possible.

Thank you on behalf of those who read more than they post.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 07:21:24 AM by rcannon409 »

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2022, 10:44:20 AM »
Yes, the Autel pad AND sensors would work for both vehicles. The Autel Pad works with all my vehicles that have TPMS. It was designed to be mostly universal. The Mazda part is just the communication protocol.
2010 C14, Shoodaben Engineering MRP Flash, Delkevic slip-on, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, highway pegs, tail tidy, AST peg lowering brackets, LED switchbacks all the way around, Bright2Wheels tail light, StompGrips, custom seat, 2015 C14 vented and blacked out windshield, Dunlop RS3s, and a Fat Ninja hat.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2022, 05:48:00 PM »
Buy the sensors from EBay for $28
https://www.ebay.com/itm/174132489546
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline speedracersworld

• 817-821-0448
    • Speedracersworld
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2022, 06:47:36 PM »
Awesome!! I knew someone herewould figure this out. I ordered a couple of sensors off Ali Express to try this last month. I'll try to program them since I have them anyway.
There's more to Life than the Mainstream Media or "Reality" TV! Question Everything!

2008 Atomic Silver C-14

Offline dbird29

« Reply #45 on: August 28, 2022, 06:13:47 AM »
Changed my tires yesterday which provided the opportunity to mount the Autel MX sensors programmed to a Mazda 3 315MHz protocol. They work and the only difference than the stock Kawasaki TPMS sensors is they wake up just a bit slower, maybe 30 seconds longer.

No more flashing red light on the dash. Ahhhh
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline 2talltim

• 2008 C14
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2022, 10:32:09 PM »

If anyone has a new style TPMS that they'd be willing to let me mess with, let me know. I'll send it back afterward. I promise only non-invasive testing.

You ever get any info on the new style sensors?

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2022, 11:16:59 AM »
So I bought a new bike and lo and behold, no TPMS. :(  The one thing I appreciate on my C14 is TPMS which has saved me a few times on low tire pressure.

I'm wondering if the Mazda tire sensors will work with a different brand TPMS that I bought on Amazon. I don't like the way the "tire cap" sensors attach to the rubber valve stems as when you remove the sensors it loses a little bit of air. Also I prefer the rigid valve stems of Kawasaki or Mazda when filling air. I'm willing to send the TPMS gauge and sensors to someone to see if it work with the Mazda tire sensors.

Also here's the Amazon TPMS I bought... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B7YP4FX

-Robert

Offline dbird29

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2022, 02:37:44 PM »
What bike did you buy?
That Steelmate TPMS is 433MHz and would need a universal programmable sensor like the Autel MX. (Both 315 & 433MHz)
Is there an link to the user manual for the Steelmate?

It might be possible to have the Autel programmer generate a Hex code and have the Steelmate pair with that.

Interesting...

So I bought a new bike and lo and behold, no TPMS. :(  The one thing I appreciate on my C14 is TPMS which has saved me a few times on low tire pressure.

I'm wondering if the Mazda tire sensors will work with a different brand TPMS that I bought on Amazon. I don't like the way the "tire cap" sensors attach to the rubber valve stems as when you remove the sensors it loses a little bit of air. Also I prefer the rigid valve stems of Kawasaki or Mazda when filling air. I'm willing to send the TPMS gauge and sensors to someone to see if it work with the Mazda tire sensors.

Also here's the Amazon TPMS I bought... https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08B7YP4FX

-Robert
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline dbird29

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2022, 02:47:35 PM »
Robert,
Steelmate has in tire sensors that look like they would work with your head unit.
https://steelmategroup.com/collections/tire-pressure/products/steel-mate-tire-pressure-built-in-sensor-steelmate-tire-pressure-monitoring-system-sensor-tpms-for-sedan-suv-van-wagon-315-433-434mhz

You should email them to see if they would work. support@steelmategroup.com
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2022, 03:57:05 PM »
What bike did you buy?

It's a new 2022 Yamaha Tracer 9 GT which I knew didn't come with TPMS. That's how I came across SteelMate's on Amazon.

Steelmate has in tire sensors that look like they would work with your head unit.
https://steelmategroup.com/collections/tire-pressure/products/steel-mate-tire-pressure-built-in-sensor-steelmate-tire-pressure-monitoring-system-sensor-tpms-for-sedan-suv-van-wagon-315-433-434mhz

Forgot about checking for Steelmate company website. Thanks! I'll email them and ask.

Offline maxtog

• Elite Member
  • 2011 Silver
« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2022, 04:49:25 PM »
So I bought a new bike and lo and behold, no TPMS. :(  The one thing I appreciate on my C14 is TPMS

You only appreciated one thing?
I appreciate shaft drive, power windscreen, great brakes, tpms, temp sensor, silky shifting, reliability, long extendable warranties, not having to get out keys, great power and handling, analog dials, lots of storage, etc, etc...

But I do like that TMPS thing you bought.  Cheap too!  Looks like lots of those type are available now.
Shoodaben (was Guhl) Mountain Runner ECU flash, Canyon Cages front/rear, Helibars risers, Phil's wedges, Grip Puppies, Sargent World seat-low & heated & pod, Muzzy lowering links, Soupy's stand, Nautilus air horn, Admore lightbar, Ronnie's highway pegs, front running lights, all LED, helmet locks, RAM Xgrip, Sena SMH10, Throttle Tamer, MRA X-Creen, BearingUp Shifter, PR4-GT, Scorpion EXO-T1200,etc

Offline robertv

• 2008 C14 Silver
« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2022, 05:17:15 PM »
I appreciate shaft drive, power windscreen, great brakes, tpms, temp sensor, silky shifting, reliability, long extendable warranties, not having to get out keys, great power and handling, analog dials, lots of storage, etc, etc...

Trying not to stray away from the thread topic TPMS, but yea there were a few others like shaft, keyfob, and storage. Other items remain to be seen. I have a 1st gen '08 and added many farkles along the way, still a great long distance tourer I'm keeping. But the weight and nimbleness, quick shifter, cruise control, handling and response is what I was looking for on this bike. Really it's a super fun ride!  :)

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #53 on: September 01, 2022, 10:24:45 AM »
You ever get any info on the new style sensors?

Not yet. I haven't been able to source a newer model sensor.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #54 on: September 22, 2022, 09:59:25 AM »
Just got done with a 1,000 mi trip and the Autel sensors worked flawlessly
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2022, 11:26:31 AM »
I've got about 6k miles on my sensors, and had to replace a rear due to a nail. No issues to report.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2022, 04:50:05 PM »
Someone that has access to the "other" forum should let IBAJIM know that the Autel sensors work just fine.
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750

Offline Big Red

• Arena
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2022, 08:13:38 AM »
Someone that has access to the "other" forum should let IBAJIM know that the Autel sensors work just fine.

I saw that, too. *shrug* Funny how the pay-to-play forum doesn't have up to date info!

And he doesn't need the expensive stand alone programmer if he's got a computer.

Offline PH14

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2022, 09:29:30 AM »
I saw that, too. *shrug* Funny how the pay-to-play forum doesn't have up to date info!

And he doesn't need the expensive stand alone programmer if he's got a computer.

Yep, too bad, so sad. I had been there since 2010 until they changed their policy.

Offline dbird29

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2022, 07:34:21 PM »
Hard to understand how they don't want to believe real world experiences and will wait for Autel to tell them "we don't make motorcycle sensors".
SMH
2010 C14 Blue
2003 Buell XB9S
1982 GPz 750