Author Topic: Speaking of odd car problems....  (Read 6374 times)

Offline B.D.F.

• It's only really cold if you fall down in it.
    • C-14 farkles you almost cannot ride without.
Re: Speaking of odd car problems....
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2014, 12:18:53 PM »
Quick update: Not sure how long the problem has been going on but the 15 minute max. run time IS working on the system so normally this quirk would not even be noticed. My wife normally drives the car for more than 15 minutes anyway and so the remote start unit disengages along the way without anyone noticing (how would anyone notice that?); it only shows up if the car us manually shut down using the key when less than 15 minutes have passed since being remote started in the first place.

This morning however that other problem of the car not starting via remote cropped up again. That had been fixed and fully quite some weeks ago. This is another factor that leads me to believe there is something wrong with the remote starter / alarm control unit. Technically speaking..... is broke. :-(

Now off to see if I can get a modern unit to fit where the old version is so the actual install is easy.

Brian
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2014, 02:07:50 PM »
Throw a KiPass fob in the trunk, problems solved  ;D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2014, 02:12:24 PM »
Are you using 'trunk' as some kind of euphemism there?

:rotflmao:

Brian

Throw a KiPass fob in the trunk, problems solved  ;D
Homo Sapiens Sapiens and just a tad of Neanderthal but it usually does not show....  My Private mail is blocked; it is not you, it is me, just like that dating partner said all those years ago. Please send an e-mail if you want to contact me privately.

KiPass keeping you up at night? Fuel gauge warning burning your retinas? Get unlimited peace and harmony here: www.incontrolne.com

Offline stevewfl

• Arena
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2014, 02:23:22 PM »
Are you using 'trunk' as some kind of euphemism there?

Brian

wow what model of car you drivin' to come up with such an analogy  :D
“The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.” St. Augustine

Offline blue14

• Arena
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 02:24:26 PM »
Quick update: Not sure how long the problem has been going on but the 15 minute max. run time IS working on the system so normally this quirk would not even be noticed. My wife normally drives the car for more than 15 minutes anyway and so the remote start unit disengages along the way without anyone noticing (how would anyone notice that?); it only shows up if the car us manually shut down using the key when less than 15 minutes have passed since being remote started in the first place.

This morning however that other problem of the car not starting via remote cropped up again. That had been fixed and fully quite some weeks ago. This is another factor that leads me to believe there is something wrong with the remote starter / alarm control unit. Technically speaking..... is broke. :-(

Now off to see if I can get a modern unit to fit where the old version is so the actual install is easy.

Brian

Maybe you need a rock and with a well aim.........never mind!  Wrong vehicle
2010 C14, 2007 ZX14,  2004 KTM 300SXC

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2014, 02:30:20 PM »
I was thinking of what the average Floridian might mean by 'trunk'. And don't forget- I've dined with you and saw the way you were looking at Mr. Elkhoof!

Brian

wow what model of car you drivin' to come up with such an analogy  :D

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2014, 02:31:32 PM »
Maybe. Nothing says 'elegant' like beating on a vehicle with a rock....

:-)

Brian

Maybe you need a rock and with a well aim.........never mind!  Wrong vehicle

Offline datsaxman@hotmail.com

• Arena
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2014, 02:41:20 PM »
Right...Neanderthals hit the car with a rock.

Use a hammer, and you are a Mechanic.

saxman

2008 ZG14X...ZX14 throttle bodies, full AreaP exhaust, heated grips, Corbin, and more...
161.5RWHP on the dyno
Formerly Silverdammit!

Offline B.D.F.

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2014, 03:32:12 PM »
I'm a little bit Neanderthal, between 2% and 4% it seems. :-) See sig. line for my ethnic origins, or so they tell me.  ;)

But on a more serious note, unfortunately I think hammers are the most abused of all tools. They are absolutely necessary and a fine tool but I think they are the ones most misused. Well, maybe hammers and pipe wrenches.  :rotflmao:

Brian

saxman

Offline VirginiaJim

• Administrator
  • Elite Member
  • I've forgotten more than I'll ever know...
    • Kawasaki 1400GTR
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2014, 04:40:59 PM »

saxman

Someone mention Maxwell?
"LOCTITE®"  The original thread locker...  #11  2020 Indian Roadmaster, ABS, Cruise control, heated grips and seats/w/AC 46 Monitoring with cutting edge technology U.N.I.T is Back! Member in good standing with the Knights of MEH.