Author Topic: Ratty C-10 Windshield  (Read 2720 times)

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
Ratty C-10 Windshield
« on: June 08, 2011, 01:19:01 PM »
I'm wanting to cut down a C-10 windshield really short and then paint it black.  Windshield brand doesn't matter too much.  Anyone within, say, 100 miles from the DC area have one they want to sell cheap or donate?  I think shipping usually makes even a cheap one expensive.  I'm restoring/refurbishing my dad's bike.  I rather spend the shipping money on a nice ride even if it is on the interstate.

Frank
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline Badbogie

Re: Ratty C-10 Windshield
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 01:43:55 AM »
Interested in a pattern to make your own out of a piece of Lexan (polycarbonate)?  I think I still have one of Dan Bergman's around.

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 06:02:39 AM »
Actually, I digitized that for him when he was thinking of cutting a bunch of them.  I still had it too.  I have it in AutoCad and PDF.  I'm just concerned about how the little bit of the outside corners bend.  I want to paint the inside black and am worried about the paint popping off when it curves to fit the fairing.  Do they make black or dark smoke Lexan?  I'll have to look into that.
“I can truly say I had rather be at home at Mount Vernon with a friend or two about me, than to be attended at the seat of government by the officers of State and the representatives of every power of Europe.” - George Washington

Offline medicevans

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 04:37:49 PM »
Check McMaster-Carr. I don't think I've seen it there, but they might have it.

Offline yoman

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2011, 05:39:55 PM »
Yes, they make smoke lexan. They might even have it at you local Home Depot or Lowes.

Could someone send me that pattern please.

Tom
2002 Semi-naked Connie

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 07:47:20 AM »
Send me a PM with an email address and I can send you a digital copy (file).

Offline RFH87_Connie

• Arena
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 12:30:08 PM »
BTTT.

I'm still looking for an inexpensive windshield for the C-10 I'm restoring.  Anyone out there have one?